Algorand DAPP Question

I’m just curious if there is planned functionality for DApps similar to that of Ethereum and Tron wallets Web3. For example, you can use MetaMask or TronLink to connect to different DApps online.

I’ve seen that you can access the different tokens through the Algorand wallet, but there is no browser/integration for interacting with Dapps?

AlgoSigner is a browser extension for DApp similar to MetaMask.

https://www.purestake.com/technology/algosigner/

4 Likes

Hey @fabrice , I have the same question, we have algosigner but how can we interact with algosigner throw frontend application (like react or angular) is there any library like web3js that interact with browser based wallet?

When the extension is enabled, AlgoSigner injects Javascript into whatever page you are looking at: you can interact with the JS object directly. The simplest way to check for it (according to their examples:

if (window.AlgoSigner) { 
  // AlgoSigner library exists; you can use
  // the methods available to connect to Algorand
}

Hope this helps! Their github is here:

(Disclaimer: I am unaffiliated with them)

2 Likes

Algosigner integration uses Purestake service which is paid service. So is there anyway to integrte dapps with wallet which uses free api’s?

PureStake’s API is free for almost every one and entirely free for AlgoSigner users.

There are code samples and such elsewhere as well for the integration methods to the other two popular wallets - Algorand’s mobile wallet and MyAlgo. Possibly the Foundation made their widget used for governance open source?