We are planning to upgrade BetaNet to version 2.1.1 on Friday, Aug 7th 2020 11:30AM EDT.
If you have your node set to automatic updates, you don’t need to do anything. It will automatically update to the newer version whenever that becomes available.
If this is not the case, you can update the binary, but aren’t required to do so.
Summary of Contained Changes in Upgrade:
- Fix for memory leak in merkle trie prioritization cache
- Bug Fix - merketrie prioritization cache
- Bug Fix - prevent warning message for block assembly when catching up
- REST API
- Enhancement - add messagepack to produces list for endpoints which can produce messagepack
- New Feature - create a utility to generate the consensus.json file
- add new rekeying tests
- add unit test TestConsensusUpgradeWindow
- enable creatables in ledger tests
- add a fuzzer to the merkletrie cache testing
- add assets and apps to ledger txn validate tests
- e2e test for rekeying before and after upgrade
- unit test for accountsNewRound creatables parameter
- Bug Fix - fix package script go version failure
This release does not contain a consensus protocol upgrade.
To update your current version of BetaNet to 2.1.1, run the following goal command:
./update.sh -c beta -i -d <betanet-data-directory> -n
If you haven’t already done so, we also advise setting up a CRON job to automatically update your algorand networks. If you haven’t done this for BetaNet, you can follow the instructions here: