Help: Why can't I send crypto after reinstalling Algorand Official Wallet and recovering account? - Issues with Ledger Firmware 2.0.0 and Algorand Wallet

@DeFiYourLife - that’s pretty strange you cant connect to ledger live. Here are some thoughts:

Ledger live on laptop. I could connect to ledger live on my laptop using a USB cable without all the hassle of bluetooth. I think ledger say you can connect by cable to your ledger device from your mobile too so you should definitely try the cable options. I added the algorand account to ledger live initially through the desktop app and then exported that to the mobile app. You’ve got to allow ledger live on the ledger device and then import the account to see it in ledger live.

I definitely did not create another algorand account though, I imported the account from the ledger device. Whether or not you can have more than 1 account - I have a feeling you can only have 1 but at the moment I couldn’t point you to where I read that. But I was super careful not to create anything new, and the workflow in ledger live desktop made it easy to see the account on the ledger device and click on that to add to ledger live.

Re pairing with the phone running ledger live mobile, I accepted the pairing inside ledger live on the phone and on the ledger device. You then have to ignore the “cant connect” message as per ledger’s instructions on re-pairing and then try to connect again. It connected with bluetooth on the second attempt and I could send a 0 algo transaction.

Once I got that far and I could send 0 algo transactions and update my rewards, I relaxed a bit and realised the way to get the algorand wallet working again was to remove the ledger backed account from the wallet and then add it back in and so establishing all the correct settings for the account under the hood in the wallet.

To do that I reverted to the steps in reddit and finally got the algorand wallet to connect again. This wasn’t straightforward as I outline above, even thought algorand wallet was spinning away I noticed in bluetooth in my phone that pairing had been established ( I did accept the pairing on the phone and ledger device inside the algorand wallet) and the ledger device was in the phone’s list of paired devices. So I reasoned that the pairing was OK, but it was the bluetooth that was flakey, so I shut down the wallet, reopened it and tried to connect and eventually it did. So if you see the pairing is established in your phone just keep retrying and hopefully it will connect and let you add the account.

Re voting, I think you do need a wallet that allows notes, but the vote itself is carried out on the web app, so if you get any of the above working have a go at connecting your account to the web app and try voting.

2 Likes