Quantum Integrations

One of the most exciting aspects of Algorand is integrating blockchain software with quantum computing hardware. Quantum computers, like D-Wave’s Adiabatic Quantum Computer and PsiQuantum’s Photopic Circuit Quantum Computer are scaling with industrial applications faster than some suspect. As a result, quantum security considerations are becoming increasingly relevant for blockchain technologies, like Algorand.

Of course, Algorand continues to drive the edge in quantum integrations. For example, Algorand recently pioneered research in post-quantum cryptography as part of a global research initiative. More recently, Archie Chaudhury and I created a quantum voting software for secure and decentralized consensus, using Algorand’s Reach and D-Wave’s Cloud Environment, Leap. (GitHub)(White Paper)(YouTube Demo) Moving forward, I hope this Topic will be a place in the Forum to further discuss ideas, projects, and inventions for new quantum technologies developing with Algorand.

3 Likes

Amazing job man, congratulations, the idea itself was like readable fresh mountain air but a little more jaw dropping! Please count me in if work progresses and you needed an extra brain and keyboard!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the kind words!

Some thoughts on cracking Bitcoin. I think one thing a lot of people overlook about Bitcoin is that there are two clear paths to ending the mining process, solving all the blocks, and taking all the rewards.

1. Quantum Search. Given search sample equivalence, it is likely that quantum search algorithms, such as Shor’s algorithm, can be run on an adiabatic quantum computer. Quantum search algorithms would provide an order of magnitude speedup in the mining process compared to conventional hashing.

2. Neural Networks. The fundemental assumption of the Bitcoin network is false. There is no such thing as a perfectly random number generator in computer science. So, a neural network could effectively invert SHA-256 and accurately predict the solution to new blocks.

Much narrative about Bitcoin focuses on mining, or the power and energy needed to mine. But if you have better tools, you can mine more Bitcoin with less energy. Of course, Algorand is already quantum secure.

Choice Coin is starting a project for the development of Quantum Computing technologies for the purpose of blockchain integration. (GitHub) The problem is solving SHA-256 on the quantum computer for the purpose of digital asset mining.