ASAs "ReserveAddress"

Hi all,
what does it mean that the Reserve Account (pointed by “reserve address” field) holds the “non-minted” units of an asset? Could someone explain me what they are and what’s their purpose?

1 Like

So once you create an ASA the token(s) are placed in the creator account. The reserve account is a logical structure where some builders will use the address to put all the tokens in “reserve” They are considered unminted until they leave this reserve account.

1 Like

Ok thank you very much :blush:

If you create an asset with deployer account that it is different to the reserve account the “non-minted” tokens go to deployer (creator) and not to the reserve. Why does it happen?

more context:

{
assetManager: managerAccount,
assetReserve:managerAccount,
type: TransactionType.ACFG,
}

By default, on ASA’s genesis, the total supply will always belong to the Creator Address. If you specify Reserve Address different form Creator’s one then, once the ASA has been created, the total supply must be transferred form the Creator Address to the Reserve Address, so that the total supply will not be interpreted as “circulating supply”.

thanks for the explanation. That was my thought. But the problem is that when I create the ASA all the tokens go to the creator and they are not transfer to reserve account. Do I have to something special? I try to do the transfer but I couldn’t because the reserve doesn’t do the the opt-in.
I have the expectation that the transfer from the creator to the reserve it will be done automatically

You need to manually opt-in the reserve to the ASA and then do the transfer.

1 Like

thanks for the clarification!

1 Like