Could Someone Give me Advice on Implementing a Decentralized Application on Algorand?

Hello there,

I am new to the world of blockchain and cryptocurrency; but I have recently been captivated by the potential of decentralized applications. After some research; I have decided to develop my first dApp on the Algorand blockchain due to its unique features and robust community support.

Although; I find myself in need of some guidance and advice to ensure that I am on the right track. Here are a few specific questions and areas where I would appreciate your insights.

What are the essential tools and software I need to start developing a dApp on Algorand? I have heard about the Algorand Developer Portal; but are there any specific SDKs or libraries that you recommend for a beginner?

I understand that Algorand uses TEAL for writing smart contracts. Can anyone share resources or tutorials that would help a novice get up to speed with TEAL? Additionally; are there any best practices I should follow to ensure my smart contracts are secure and efficient? :thinking:

What is the best way to integrate my dApp with a frontend interface? Are there particular frameworks or tools that are commonly used for this purpose in the Algorand ecosystem?

Beyond this forum; are there other community resources; such as Discord channels; Telegram groups; or GitHub repositories; where I can connect with other Algorand developers and get real time support? :thinking:

What are some common mistakes or challenges that new developers face when building on Algorand; and how can I avoid them?

Also, I have gone through this post: https://forum.algorand.org/t/best-way-to-implement-an-algorand-nft-marketplace-devops/ which definitely help me out a lot.

I am genuinely excited to be part of the Algorand community and to learn from all of you. Any advice; resources; or personal experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance. :innocent:

1 Like

Just start here: https://developer.algorand.org/

If you prefer python, go with native python development, if you prefer js go with tealscript… Teal is kind of assembly language, but noone writes in the low level code any more… When you build contract with algokit it shows you also the teal code, so that the auditors can review it little better.

The Algorand Developer Relations YouTube is very good @algodevs

1 Like