Forking in algorand network - Indefinite stuck better then forking?

@scholtz In my view, @fabrice has answered your questions about network partition:

1. There does not exist double spending in Algorand even if network partitioned.
  2. When network partitioned (common situations), Algorand can recover fast.
  3. In the worst partition situation, the network will stall but can be recovered via governance from the upgraded node software.

As far as I know (from github), the Co-Chain prerequisite work has been done.

1. There does not exist double spending in Algorand even if network partitioned.
  2. When network partitioned (common situations), Algorand can recover fast.
  3. In the worst partition situation, the network will stall but can be recovered via governance from the upgraded node software.

I agree.

1. When network is partitioned for longer time because of russia or chinese government decide, or there will be terrorist attack on the primary servers, network will be stucked for long time. Any idea how to solve this issue?

Or are you trying to persuade me that the network partition that can take more then 1 day is impossible?

According to other thread the subject of governance is not to solve the network or protocol issues… Btw, if network does not work, the governance will not work…

Algorand is then recovered almost instantly from network partition, which makes economically expensive to stall Algorand blockchain for the adversary. from A Technical Q&A on Network Partition Attacks | Hacker Noon

1 Like