We are planning to upgrade BetaNet to version 2.1.2 on Friday, Aug 14th 2020 2:30PM EDT.
If you have your node set to automatic updates, you don’t need to do anything. It will automatically update to the newer version whenever that becomes available.
If this is not the case, you can update the binary, but aren’t required to do so.
Summary of Contained Changes in Upgrade:
Bug fixes and enhancements. Note that there is a one time long startup time to re-encode the accounts database, which will take a few minutes to complete.
- Bug Fixes
- update the suggested fee mechanism to meet the current transaction pool fee structure (#1376)
- eliminate nil map entries on Merkle trie cache
- Bug Fixes
- New Feature - add optional startup vacuuming for the balances database
- improve client-side catchpoint catchup performance
- add vacuumming to the database upgrade process
- Bug Fixes
- listCreatablesStmt is selecting 3 columns instead of 2
- avoid using encodedAccountsRange and replace with a single query
- extend ledger request timeout
- avoid redundant info message for replacing block 0
- Enhancement - fetch balance from indexer for tealdbg
- e2e test: create+delete create+clear in 1 tx
- add some minimal documentation for the test directory
- REST API test script for /v2/applications
- added TestListCreatables to test ListAssets and ListApplications
- Bug Fix - fix failing rekey test by keeping account total < 1 algo
- update mule package deploy to use new agents syntax
- remove go version from Travis file (#1253)
- Bug Fix - fix Makefile to work with Ubuntu 20.04
This release does not contain a consensus protocol upgrade.
A database migration is included this release, which will add a one-time startup delay. This is for re-encoding of the accounts database, if needed. Note: the database schema will remain compatible with the previous release. Please plan your upgrade accordingly.
To update your current version of BetaNet to 2.1.2, run the following goal command:
./update.sh -c beta -i -d <betanet-data-directory> -n
If you haven’t already done so, we also advise setting up a CRON job to automatically update your algorand networks. If you haven’t done this for BetaNet, you can follow the instructions here: