Crypto Hedge Fund

Hi everyone, I don’t know if this is the right section, otherwise I apologize in advance.

I have a preliminary idea for some sort of “crypto” hedge fund that day-trades based on algorithms I developed (I’m a data scientist with both academic and industry experience).

Given that the main problem at the moment is raising funds, I would like to understand if it is possible to create a sort of DAO that issues a number of tokens to finance itself and uses the proceeds for trading operations.

The idea is to reward token holders with a percentage of weekly profits (if any) on a weekly basis, while keeping a percentage in the treasury.

I realize that the crypto world is full of scams and that my embryonic idea may have some critical issues, but I’ll show you the scenario I have in mind:

1. 1 million tokens are issued at a price of 1 dollar;
  2. I hold 900k tokens;
  3. 100,000 tokens are therefore on the market;
  4. interested parties can participate with at least 10 dollars (10 tokens);
  5. subscriber addresses are written on the blockchain;
  6. a percentage of profits (if any) are automatically sent weekly into stable coins via smart-contract.

The currently non-negotiable points are:

1. management, especially in the initial phase, is completely centralized (I am the only person responsible);
  2. algorithms and AI models used for day-trading are proprietary (developed by me)
  3. day-trading would take place (already takes place) on cex to minimize fees.

My questions are:

1. is the DAO the best way to raise funds and manage the accounting?
  2. do similar projects already exist?
  3. does anyone have any experience with this?
  4. could my project be eligible for a Foundation’s bounty?

I apologize for the inaccuracies in the case and await your suggestions.

Thank you.

1 Like