GP7 Measures DRAFT for Community Feedback

Hello everyone, Governance Period 7 (GP7) voting will open at the start of June, and we are seeking your feedback on the drafted measures before adding them to the ballot.

Continuing with the moderation initiated during this period, the overall governance rewards available for Governance Period 8 will be 50MM ALGOs, including DeFi Rewards.

In order to keep track of the conversation associated with each topic, we are trying something a little different, where each topic has its own discussion thread. Links below:

Topic - Liquidity Provision

Measure 1 - Liquidity Provision to DeFi Protocols

Topic - DeFi Rewards

Measure 2 - DeFi Rewards Q3 Allocation
Measure 3 - Targeted DeFi Rewards Boost Repeat
Measure 4 - Targeted DeFi Rewards Boost Allocation

Topic - NFT Rewards

Measure 5 - NFT Rewards Program Approval
Measure 6 - NFT Rewards Program Allocation

IMPORTANT
Please add your feedback to each of the topics.

As usual, please share links to this post on your favorite social channels.

We will gather your feedback and adjust the measures where possible, with the goal of making them available on the governance portal a few days before the voting session opens on 1 June.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Adri & Michele

Update 26 May 2023

Thank you so much to all who contributed to the discussion. We appreciate your feedback immensely and have modified measures 1 and 4, which had the most commentary.

Michele and I will get together on Monday to reply directly to more comments here directly and seek internal feedback for some of your questions.

3 Likes

My proposal:

• Phase out the governance system.

• Create an automated system for node incentives using all the rewards that were previously allocated to governance.

• Trim the Foundation down to a very small team. Remove nearly everyone except those related to devrel and ecosystem funding. Then allocate the funds saved to the node incentives, too.

4 Likes

I agree…

Also I would like to add

• Make sure all AF funded software is open source
  • Create transparent and fair system for community incentivization (we need presense at the blockchain events, incentivize startups, incentivize inflow of developers)
  • For point “Phase out the governance system” … i believe the rewards… Make sure there is fair, transparent and very efficient DAO system in place.

By fair i do not mean fair to early backers, whales or AF decision makers, but fair to general community.

2 Likes

My Twitter post replies/feedback

1 Like

Could we have a measure proposed to put the minimum threshold on xGov funds that would trigger a new funding vote as per our Discord discussion on what should happen if a very small amount of ALGO were leftover after funding had been paid out to approved proposals. Perhaps a fixed amount vs %?

This is on my possible measures list for GP8. We don’t need an auto trigger because governance is not yet automated, and we can bring it to a vote at any time.

1 Like

IMO all these things in due course :)))))

2 Likes

Update 26 May 2023

Thank you so much to all who contributed to the discussion. We appreciate your feedback immensely and have modified measures 1 and 4, which had the most commentary.

Michele and I will get together on Monday to reply directly to more comments here and seek internal feedback for some of your questions.

2 Likes

Is it possible to highlight the changes made to measure 1 and 4? Thank you!

1 Like