Ledger Nano with mainnet

I recently sent over some Algo to my ledger in hopes of signing up for the 200m staking reward but have found troubles sending any transactions.

Does anyone have experience with this repo CoinFabrik/algorand-ledger? I’ve tried to send through the commands as well as running the webapp but haven’t found the correct JSON transaction format if even possible.

1. Is there another alternative to sending transactions with a ledger I am unaware of?
  2. Is it even possible to join the staking reward with a ledger and if not, how can I transfer my coins to the mobile wallet?
  3. What is the genisisID for main-net if applicable and how can I adjust my examples below to get the desired output?

The first option I tired fails on send with ‘Amount must be a positive number and smaller than 2^53-1’:
{
“txn”: {
“type”: “pay”,
“from”: “my_wallet”,
“to”: “ZGP25YTZL3NF43SQZREMH5BRBTJEXHWPL6TSQDCGJWPEN4XJTIHVOZSOLA”,
“fee”: 0.001,
“amount”: 0.000001,
“firstRound”: 1305411,
“lastRound”: 1306411,
“genesisID”: “testnet-v31.0”
}
}

The second option I tried fails to sign with ‘Assertion failed’:
{
“txn”: {
“type”: “pay”,
“from”: “my_wallet”,
“to”: “ZGP25YTZL3NF43SQZREMH5BRBTJEXHWPL6TSQDCGJWPEN4XJTIHVOZSOLA”,
“fee”: {
“Raw”: 1000
},
“amount”: {
“Raw”: 1
},
“firstRound”: 1305411,
“lastRound”: 1306411,
“genesisID”: “testnet-v31.0”
}
}

Just found an awesome tutorial posted today! https://medium.com/algorand/algorand-accounts-and-transactions-using-a-hardware-wallet-e2e274d33cd1

did that resolve your problem?

Sure did! Realized it was actually easier to set up a node than get the ole wallet working

Hi @andrewmf, I recommend you to switch to this new code: https://github.com/randlabs/algorand-tools

It has lots of utilities to work with transactions and also supports signing via Ledger.

We are also working on a library that works on browsers but we are experiencing issues on the latest Windows 10 release.

Once you download the new algorand-tools repo and install deps, you can use the apps located in the apps folder or use the libraries in the lib folder. Documentation is a work-in-progress but following the apps\sign.js utility, you will be able to realize how interaction with ledger works.

Feel free to ask further questions and provide feedback.

Regards,
Mauro.

Awesome I’ll definitely check it out and play around with your app. I resolved my issues earlier running a node and following the link I posted but good to know there are other options being developed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi again @andrewmf

Now you can fully use My Algo Algorand Hardware Wallet if you are looking for a user-friendly hardware wallet implementation on Algorand.

Regards,
Mauro.