xGov#199 - AWallet - Retroactive

Please comment on AWallet retroactive grant:

AWallet has these features:

• Since 2021 supports native algorand multisig accounts
  • Supports shamir backup of algorand accounts
  • Person can make his account online using the public algorand infrastructure
  • Payment scheduler
  • Multiaccount operations - generate many algorand accounts, send to multiple accounts, send from multiple accounts, …
  • SWAP - Person can use different DEX aggregators quotes and exucute at better price
  • ARC14 support - Authorization
  • ARC26 support - QR Payments
  • ARC76 support - Email & Password accounts
  • ARC200 Payments - Smart contract tokens
  • Payment gateway
  • Was first wallet to support wallet connect 2
  • Account types - Wallet connect account, Ledger account, 2FA Auth account, Vanity account, …
  • Create ASA support
  • Algod/indexer configurable endpoints by user, and is usable also on sandbox
  • Wallet backup
  • 10 languages and new will be comming
  • AWallet is open source from the start
  • Public docker image

Check it out at www.a-wallet.net or source code at GitHub - scholtz/wallet: Open source algorand wallet and algorand web tools - governors tools, payment gateway, ..

1 Like

When will Ludo products be marketed?

2 Likes

Hi @scholtz you had two other grants totalling 70,000 Algo for AWallet development: xGov-9 and xGov-90.

Would you mind elaborating on this request a bit, for example you listed the payment scheduler on the post above, but that was funded through xGov-90?

Thanks.

5 Likes

Hi Adri, thanks for question.

the xgov-9 was proactive grant to establist the two factor authentication, redisign, and collecting new feedback.

the xgov-90 was proactive grant regarding the scheduled payment.

the xgov-199 is retroactive grant for work done from 2021 to 2023.

is it ok like this?

1 Like

Ok, got it. Perhaps modify to list the work done from 2021 to 2023 (with the repo links).
Then, specify the work that has already been funded by proactive proposals and how much.
Might also be helpful to provide usage stats for AWallet, so people can best evaluate its impact on the ecosystem.

2 Likes

i have added this sections xGov#199 - AWallet - Retroactive by scholtz · Pull Request #199 · algorandfoundation/xGov · GitHub

is it ok like this?

1 Like

There’s some formatting required, but it looks clearer to me.

1 Like

hi, the formatting has been fixed, thx

1 Like

Retroactive funding is supposed to go to projects that have contributed to Algo community significantly and irrefutably.
To teams with impeccable integrity and reputation.
To products that are widely implemented and used.

Awallet and its team does not meat these criteria, and hence should abstain from applying.

4 Likes

The voting session is already on. The objective of the discussion is not whether or not a proposal should be put forth for voting, but whether a proposal can be improved and community questions clarified before the proposal is put to vote.
The community then votes for it or not.

2 Likes

With that said, I do agree that we need better rules around what qualifies as retroactive funding and we can make that part of the voting session 4 retro.

5 Likes

yes, you must forgive me, it’s still very confusing to me to navigate between broken up conversations between GitHub, here, Discord…
I’m getting the hang of it soon!!

2 Likes

Totally agree. Nothing from Ludo helps Algorand. He has used xGov as a way to sit home and milk rewards.

Market your products get users and this could be a different conversation

4 Likes

I agree.
Never seen AWallet used or implemented anywhere in the ecosystem.
Impact must be minimal and definitely not something that deserve a retroactive fund.
My 2c .

3 Likes

I mean, you’ve listed a ton of features but none of them work on the site…

2 Likes

Hi @Xxiled
Could you expand on what is listed by doesn’t work, please?

1 Like

how many new Awallet users in last 30 days?

1 Like

I do not understand few people who share the negativity in algorand, but its quite easy to proove your statement wrong.

1. the AWallet helps the ecosystem, it was the first open source algorand wallet and i got feedback from many devs that it helps them
  2. my company runs the relay node, and we provide public docker images, and public kubernetes configuration
  3. I do organize the events and promote Algorand. Not just the paid events the algo meetups in prague, but i did some talks also on other events like beerfi and i am algo maximalist, have the youtube stream, twitter feed where i promote algorand and its projects
  4. I bring innovation to the chain… I suggested the AF to split the relay feature from the archival feature one year ago and they put it into this year roadmap. I do challange ARCs and I do bring business and IT perspective needs to the wallet council
  5. The decentralized scheduler prototocol is very improtant for the ecosystem as people can do the periodic liquidations or people can do the periodic payments or for example periodic DCAing to the algorand tokens directly onchain
  6. ASA.Gold brings the innovation to the gold tokenization as we provide publicly auditable gold reserves, onchain eshop and NFT marketplace. I do trust meld gold token, but i do not trust their form of audit. It is better to have two legit gold tokens on algorand as people can create amm pools between two tokens and earn additional interest on gold value.
  7. First concentrated liqudity AMM on algorand is huge thing, and wait a bit till the FE will be launched. I am pushing also other AMM protocols this way to innovate.
  8. We do find bugs in the algo software from time to time and communicate it directly to dedicated personel so that it is fixed asap
  9. All our work is open source which helps the ecosystem, helps building the chatgpt and will have impact on future developers.

We discussed this privately and Kieran hit a bug. We identified it created unit test for this case and it is deployed to the main website now.

We do value users privacy and we do not track users on our websites. But i have seen some activity made from the voi challanges and we get the feedback on AWallet as well.

1 Like

A lot of people feel the same sentiment it’s not a couple.

1. Awallet being open sourced and got feedback from devs means nothing if no one markets the wallet and or uses it. If this was our first year than maybe but you have no traction on the wallet. Also the money for xGov is for Algorand products not for VOI so using Voi as a marker sounds pretty dumb and you don’t even have any stats for usage lol. You promote Algorands largest scammer in Chris Swenor. BIG RED FLAG.

2. Your company runs a node? Congratulations so do a lot of us. Soon it will be incentivized so you will be rewarded. Are people using your images? If so what is the amount?

3. I’ve seen your YT account which is cool you do that maybe focus on that which would actually help whether promoting your own products or Algorand. Which events have you organized that AF didn’t pay for?

4. I never said you were useless, I said your products are, based on market fit and adoption. I don’t see how you bring business perspective when you do t for your own products.

5. Again because you think it is very good for the ecosystem does not mean that it actually is. You need adoption to say it’s needed. This blind building and then trying to tell everyone how important it is. We do a lot of this with our centralized xGov program.

6. Bringing gold on chain is cool but again how much are you holding verses everyone else? You have 55 holders and 154 tokens are distributed as of right now from all.info, Which again you don’t promote anything you do and you want AF to pay you. Slap in the face to actual creators who are putting their own money up for their own tokens and actually bringing something valuable to the table.

7. First concentrated liquidity AMM is not a huge thing. Why? Cause no one uses it. You think it’s needed and the ecosystem doesn’t based on usage.

8. Has nothing to do with your products that is just you do something good for someone.

9. Again just cause you create open sourced software does not mean that what you built is needed or will be used. This a false narrative that developers use to get fund from xGov.

It’s a shame, with things you built and if you actually had a business then you could actually push what you preach but you don’t. You just take funds and provide the ecosystem with no value with your products.

The ecosystem and usage of your products determines whether things are valuable and are good for us not the person building it. A farmer is always going to tell you how good their crops are. But doesn’t mean reality.

You have not proven any points except, I would suggest to just get a job with AF as a developer and be a part of the team or actually be in charge of your products and introduce them to everyone.

1 Like

This frustration did not arise in a vacuum Ludo.
So far, you have gotten the following proposals through xGov:

—10,000A for A-Wallet UX improvements and 2FA accounts
—32,000A for liquidity for your own token. (Vote Coin)
—100,000A for an “invoicing service”
—60,000A for a “payment scheduler”
—300,000A for a clAMM DEX
—15,000A for a meetup
—16,000A for an “introduction” video for your VoteCoin token
—16,000A for an “introduction” video for your ASA Gold token.
—36,912A as retroactive grants for A-Wallet from this round
—148,999A for an on-chain “identity” solution from this round

In total, that’s 734,911A.

The decision to ask for liquidity for your own token was shocking, as was your insistence after the fact that it be paid. You found a loophole and exploited it for the benefit of yourself and the VoteCoin holders. But that’s not something that has been forgotten.

Equally questionable were the asks for two videos for two of your projects at 16,000A each. People were similarly upset at Pact-Fi’s request (and apparent self-passing) for marketing funds. It smacks of shameless self-enrichment at the expense of the wider ecosystem. It was particularly bad here with your asks since the websites for these projects already had videos.

Then there is the issue of the “meetup.” Aside from there being tons of AF sponsored events, this sort of thing naturally raise eyebrows because they can easily be used for abuse/misuse of funds. That’s not to say it’s your intention, but it’s just another questionable ask. It didn’t help that in early discussions about the topics for discussion, you indicated in the Algorand Discord that the wallet you would be introducing people to was going to be A-Wallet, notwithstanding the fact it has hardly any use in the ecosystem and is not nearly as beginner friendly as things like Pera and DeFly. (I’m glad that it appears other wallets were discussed, but it’s again just another example of concerning proposals/action).

All four of these proposals would now not be possible under the new xGov rules. But, the community can’t help but wonder why it is that you seem to be the heart of so many necessary rule changes.

And, when rule changes were proposed to limit xGov to only one prospective project per proposer per round, you basically indicated you would try to evade those rules by creating companies to submit different proposals.

So, is it any wonder that your other work is going to fall under scrutiny?

And, when we look at what is provided, it does not seem like it’s designed to get used nor does it seem like much care is put into making that happen.

For example, 100,000A for an “invoicing service.” That’s an incredible sum for something so simple. And, when one goes to the site, it is underwhelming. It fails to render on mobile, but it seems like little more than a frontend that has some drop downs and text inputs that a user selects to generate an invoice. There are fields that I can’t input (issuer and receiver) beyond the default names you have. Nothing seems to auto populate/update, so I have to do math to arrive at a final bill after inputting discounts, taxes, etc. It also didn’t do anything, as far as I could tell, to make proper conversions between Algo and USD. I don’t know though, because I couldn’t even actually generate an invoice because I get an error.

Then there is the 60,000A “payment scheduler”. Again, it renders terribly on mobile but it seems to be a module where the user has to figure out how to construct a transaction from a bunch of logical operators and then it generates code that the user must then run on their machine. No average person is going to use this.

Then there is the clAMM. You got that passed then immediately requested approval for milestone 3 before milestone 2 was delivered (which wasn’t permitted under xGov rules). When that wasn’t approved (because it didn’t comply with the rules) you didn’t resubmit it after tendering milestone 2. Instead, you decided to instead propose an entirely new venture (the “identity” solution).

And again, the milestone 2 delivery was not something readily usable by the community. There was no frontend where it could be tested. It was apparently just code where each LP is a separate smart contract for a cpAMM between a bounded range. But, there is no aggregation whereby each of these disparate cpAMM smart contracts are automatically recognized and traded through, which is what you really need to convert multiple separate smart contracts into something resembling a functional DEX.

As a result, you have developed a reputation for abusing the xGov process to engage in grant farming. It’s great that you do some other things in the eco, but this reputation did not spring from nowhere. And, it will persist, so long as these products remain unused/unusable.

4 Likes