2000+ swaps per second: how?

Recently there’s been a lot of discussion on Twitter and Reddit around this chart:

What are the biggest contributors to this order-of-magnitude outperformance? Is it Algorand’s 6000 TPS? General AVM efficiency/architecture vs EVM? Opcodes that accelerate swaps, that other VM’s don’t have? Or something else?

Some further background:

1 Like

I would say that the instant finality with one block economic finality is the main drive here… You can achieve this only with VRF (PPOS algorand thing) which is reducing load on servers and network traffic. So i believe this perfectly shows the tech supperiority of algorand over all other chains…

I would prefer if such comparisions would also include bitcoin btw, because we must clearly state that algorand has much better utilization vs bitcoin for the function of the blockchain to exchange the value.

1 Like

On Algorand, a transaction is a transaction. The blockchain world is so used to other chains inflating TPS numbers, or having one set of TPS for simple sends, and another for complex smart contracts. What makes it all possible? The beauty of Algorand. Silvio’s genius. But yeah I’m sure others have better technical explanations. Super exciting times.

1 Like