Algorand future

It is important
Network magically won’t be in decentralised state after 2030 we don’t know the future so it’s always best to prepare for future and plans has to be futuristic not just till 2030

What do you think about transaction fees topping up for that? @Futurecurrency

I don’t think transaction fees are enough after 2030
As I said we don’t know the future assuming price stays at 2 or 3 usd

But once they have as many projects building on the platform, these projects are indirectly. Plus, there are DeFi projects in the space, it gets really easy to fund these things with the amount of liquidity in the ecosystem. @Futurecurrency

Algorand adoption is growing - I was consulting and advising on few bigger projects and was surprised that they were decided about Algorand before contacting me. Full disclosure: I’m not part of the Algorand team, but I’m leading Algo Builder R&D and I’m in the blockchain space for 5 years already and did fair amount of projects.

I agree the bootstrapping could be done better. But here we are. We need a plan and get serious projects to grow the ecosystem. I see that Algorand is slowly but surely going there.

2 Likes

The concerns are nobody understands how to make smart contracts there are dapps as good as none right now…
They seem to be focusing on Algorand assets rather than smart contracts…

#1 dapps are not building on algorand currently.

#2 the partnership with bad low quality cryptos are growing rather than solid ones.

#3 No grants after 2030 .

#4 selected relay nodes not enough to decentralise it for the world.

#5 wallet seem to be more focused on assets .

#6 nothing new just matches tech with solana ,avalanche etc nothing.

#7 wastage of grants at the moment to support early backers and relay nodes .

#8 not enough plans to sustain after 2030.

#9 let the community run a wallet that syncs so we know we are using a blockchain not just a centralised service.

#10 governance needs to be fixed and not just make it 1 algo 1 vote because algorand already have given billions to the relay nodes and early backers that could centralise the governance.

#11 work on community to grow bigger not just to silence it . Let people talk and not silent their voice when they have something to say… to learn from negative points and fixing for a better future.

4 Likes

Your list is very good, and I agree that these are goals the whole ecosystem should strive for. However I can’t validate if the current execution is going into that direction or not (and unfortunately don’t have time to focus on that). Like I said - I think slowly but surly the ecosystem is going there.
That being said, It’s really great that you are rising this points.

4 Likes

I’ve been observing some community member are trying to silence me and not bringing the negative things about algorand… if we don’t try then this isn’t an automated machine and how are we gonna do Durning governance i feel governance plays vital role in fixing things and making things to right direction.

@Futurecurrency, I don’t think anyone will ever try to silence you on such an open forum, and for what gain? It should be obvious that your question gets an analysis, both for it and against it, otherwise, there can not be an easy funneling of good ideas, and I think you should expect it since you posted it openly. But, I think what people also do not understand is how much American VC influence is also a prick into how blockchain ecosystems work, and Algorand is in this field. This was in fact my worry, not only of Algorand but many cryptos in the space. I just don’t think there will ever be community focus when you have VCs on your back like how most crypto ecosystems have, save for, as I have seen, Cardano.

2 Likes

@Maugli, in many ways these market caps have been made through marketing hype and less utility.

@Futurecurrency , it’s also how Proof of Stake works, the more money you have, the more control you have

This is the dumbest thing I’ve read lately :face_with_raised_eyebrow:… Don’t tell me devs are scared to build on a chain which increases in value and that a business application might suffer bcoz of volatility, in users first of all :face_with_raised_eyebrow:… What matters the most in this irrational market, are the dapps, the community degens and money… anything else are fairy tales my friend, especially when you’re saying “I have 5 years in crypto space” :wink:… Suppressing the price unpurpose to ensure “stability” for devs or anybody who wants to use this amazing faster & cheaper network it truly is something :exploding_head:

Investing to much in startups without a defined user base!

I guess some people are really adamant about cryptos when comes to understanding what crypto currency means and why we need Decentralisation…
Aren’t we making a system that nobody can control and nobody is in charge of it but on algorand we have several loop holes
The early backers,relay node operators who algorand foundation gave away billions this show there is no proper distribution and one entity can perhaps control the network … I find this most crucial at this point the rest can he done … but I request people to follow up the bad tokenomics changes Durning governance
October 1st 2021

1 Like

#1 You are not right… You can compile applications on the blockchain and they do their things what they are programmed to do… you can find more by searching Algorand Teal or ReachSh … The main problem is that the reachsh is not yet in the production ready phase

#2 I agree

#3 Yes, it must be solved

#4 In algo there is project community relay nodes… i think it will show how much money early backers gets

#5 I think that assets are very good feature of the algorand… Imagine the eshop accepting USDt using algorand blockchain… i think @Scholtz has made a payment gateway featuring this into the awallet, and basically it makes the possibility for any eshops or real shops to have the payment acceptance without the risk of volatility of the usd

#6 i see quite a lot of new tech … from the economic finality, 4 sec/block, the ASAs, teal language, …

#7 I dont understand how someone can tell that the grants are transparent… They are totally non transparent… The grant winner is one company per month that receives 10 million allgos or I dont know how to work with the public information about grants…

#8 There is enough time to solve it…

#9 anyone can run a wallet… the awallet is free open source pwa … just download the built html and you can host it at your server… the official wallet is also free open source, you can attempt to publish it altered to the app store

#10 I agree

#11 I see quite a bit lack communication from the algorand inc or foundation toward the community… we can chat here or there and there is no real feadback? And if there is, it is always in the form we are right, we will do whatever we want…

I really think something urgent needs to be done about the 2030 plans
When governance kicks in 2030 tokenomics have to change and current distribution needs to go on supporting plans ahead of 2030
I think the best solution is giving rewards for the relay nodes in terms of best node performance , average and low
So this way the rewards goes to best node and the current rewards needs changes so it can just have the right amount of rewards for relay node operators.
What’s your suggestions?

It has been done and the first question has been placed on the mainnet… Can you please check it, debug it, tell me how it can be improved?

1 Like

Great job with the voting system…

Yes, the time is the main issue… What about the solution where we would make the simple registration form where we would collect some sensitive personal data encrypted enough in the open source application… eg we can collect now the name, email, phone, date of birth, citizenship, and will verify the email and phone with unique ip address limitation to prevent double registration as much as possible? I understand that you made that covid testing app, so you already have experience with protecting sensitive data… am i right?

I understand that this is not perfect and in the real world if there would be service as you describe we would not even need to collect the email, phone because we would have guaranteed the unique global person id… We can stop the registration verification at some point, and after some transition period allow only this global CA. Or however the people will decide in the governance.

I have reflected a bit on your post, and to be honest, you are way more right than I had imagined at first sight @Futurecurrency . But, do you think the Algorand Foundation or Team ever pay attention to this?

1 Like