Algorand Rewards

According to Algorand wallets Algorand Rewards FAQ, I can get rewards using that wallet and Ledger NanoX.

My question is can I get rewards as well since I’m using the Ellipal wallet?

At present, you get rewards simply for having Algo, but only if you have 1 Algo or more or your account.
It doesn’t depend from the wallet type.

To complement @Maugli, participation rewards are the same on any non-custodial wallet.
These are wallets which give you an address on the Algorand blockchain just for you, and for which you know the secret key/mnemonic (and nobody else knows the secret key).
From a quick glance at the website, it looks like Ellipal wallet is like that.

A counter-example is exchange wallets. In general exchange wallets are custodial. Sometimes they give you an address but is is only to deposit funds. The address does not contain the funds in the long term. The exchange moves immediately the funds from this depositing address to a wallet with the funds of all the other users. Furthermore, the exchange knows all the secret keys of all the addresses. And you do not know any of those.

Disclaimer: Algorand makes no representations regarding the functioning or security of wallets, exchanges, or tools mentioned in the answer above, and disclaims any liability therefof. You are fully responsible for the security and the availability of your keys.

1 Like