Algorand, The Foundation, and the complete lack of adoption

Staci has been here for 9 months.

The bear market is not an excuse. Cosmos is gaining great traction during the bear market. Sean Lee is not an excuse.

The number of governors went down from 50.1k in period one to 27.6k this period.

The past 9 months, we have seen 0 adoption whatsoever. How do you know they’re going in the right direction? What indicators, what metrics are you using to measure the foundation’s progress?

Clearly, adoption has been negative.

The foundation growing isn’t a good thing. It means they have to spend a lot more money on management, which means that they have to dump more algos to fund all of those expensive people, and their runway will be much shorter.

Jack Ma always tells the story of when his company first got a huge investment from Masayoshi Son, he hired some really, really expensive marketing executive. But then he realized that the expensive marketing executive only knew how to work with huge conglomerates and constantly throws tens of millions of dollars on marketing projects, when Alibaba only had 40million in total.

Are the people Staci hired even a good fit? From everything the foundation has been doing, it seems like they’re treating Algorand like a huge, established multi-national conglomerate. That’s not what algorand is. Algorand is a start-up that still has a high chance of failure.

They need to be lean, fast, efficient.

1 Like

Do you want to provide specific examples of what you would like to see them doing? Cosmos is good, its actually 1/5 cryptos I hold, but they’re still down 65% from ATH…

1 Like

While other chains were onboarding users en masse as DeFi was ramping up, what was Algorand doing? It was vesting tokens as a ghost chain because it had an Algorand Virtual Machine that wasn’t mature enough to build a complete ecosystem on. Now, those users are comfortable with the ecosystems that they’ve migrated to. Algorand doesn’t offer anything uniquely compelling enough to make them want to go through the hassle of buying a new coin, downloading a new wallet, and familiarizing themselves with a new ecosystem.

Many of the people who came to Algorand during that time did so because of the native, passive rewards. Those have been phased out in favor of Governance, which has been a complete mess. It operates on a fixed, quarterly schedule that doesn’t make it convenient for new users to join. And the psychology of being paid out quarterly doesn’t help either - it makes the A.P.R. “feel” much less than other chains which pay out more frequently, even if they have a smaller % than Algorand.

Now, you’re faced with a chain that missed a rare window of opportunity to onboard huge amounts of users because it simply wasn’t ready to develop complex dApps on, has a less-than-ideal mechanism for rewards, has the image of poor tokenomics and high inflation (sure, it may be behind us on paper, but the court of public opinion is outweighing that), has the image of centralization with permissioned relay nodes (again, semantics can be argued as much as you’d like, but the court of public opinion is thinking that), has had poor price action since inception (that deters people before they even take a second step), and offers nothing enticing enough in its ecosystem that’s still playing catch-up to copy what everyone is already doing elsewhere. I deflect the question back to you: why should Algorand be gaining traction right now?

Poor timing and poor public image are two devastatingly difficult obstacles to overcome.

100% agree. And it’s worsened by the fact that they’re hiring many TradFi people who don’t seem to know much about this space. It’s evident that having a huge resume filled with irrelevant qualifications doesn’t substitute for the experience of being a native in this space when it comes to management and decision making. In my opinion, the Foundation couldn’t be much worse than they currently are if they cut down drastically on employees and expenses.

4 Likes

I think they should first acknowledge that they haven’t achieved much in terms of adoption the past year, make a report to summarize all of the reasons why that’s the case, study up on how Solana managed to gain so much traction despite being non-EVM, study on how cosmos grew in the bear market… hire actual web3.0 natives who understand the space, hire people who have experience with tech start-ups and scaling networks effects based businesses instead of tradFi people who don’t understand these things at all and costs millions and millions of dollars per year.

Keep up measurements of adoption, real adoption and measuring everything they do against that; what is helping gain real adoption? What isn’t? Stop wasting money on the things taht aren’t working and throw more money in the things that are working.

2 Likes

I really don’t think things are as bad as you paint them out to be. I see new users join the #algofam on twitter daily. I, and many others, have joined the Algorand community to participate in governance and explore the ecosystem having started my blockchain journey on Eth. By that measure, I’d say the Foundation is doing their job. I’ll not say that every move has been flawless, however that is a tough standard.

As for “acknowledging their failure and studying up on Solana” to paraphrase. What point will that serve other than to drive people away? Things are getting better or they aren’t as to adoption. As for Solana’s “tactics” for mass adoption, wasn’t it two people working in coordination to artificially inflate Solana’s TVL that is credited for its fast adoption?

4 Likes

Hi I have several suggestions:

1. Open discussion with community on weekly basis…

2. Supporting developers who have proofed that they built something useful

3. Making sure that algorand is decentralized and not centralized with weak point of the algorand foundation or early backers

4. Making the governance useful

AD1. Discussion is really everything. Even though i have already many contacts to the foundation or inc, i dont see them really doing anything usefull… The discussion must not be only one sided but if there is good ideay they should adopt it. First event that I liked and I felt i did get listened was when John came to the Knigts of algorand event and there was discussion on what to do… I have also good feeling with Johanna and she can point to right persons, however i still miss the end result

AD2. I have built first open source algorand wallet, won several hackathons such has Swiss blockchain hackathon, Encode hackathon, AlgoHackJam, DAO Hack, Bitcoin bankathon, … and created the products which are on mainnet such as Aramid ETH2Algo bridge, VoteCoin, AWallet, Algorand payment gateway, Algorand directory, Open algorand node directory, i provide the docker images for kubernetes to run the algod nodes, indexer nodes, and KMD nodes, working on diatomix, and my long term vision is the real estate market GlobDREM … I have suggested several standards which the foundation did not addopt yet for example ARC-0014 or ARC-0017 with demo and implementations … Even authentication with graphql database with websocket feeds…

However from my approx 10 tries to get the grant i was successfull only with one and the budget was also cut in half… One would say that you must have successfully delivered the product with grant to get another grant, but my recent request to create open source algorand explorer was denied as well. For the record my successfull grant was to make the encrypted voting possible in the vote coin specs and its fully operational in the open source app.

I believe there is corruption within the foundation on who gets the grants. I think the foundation should make all applications open so that they have public oversight. Also it might help with other people to get ideas on what should be built and if they can built it faster or better they might just get inspired thus the projects built on algorand would be better. Not communicating the reason why the grant was declined or what can be better to get the grant approved is terrible decision.

I do understand that the foundation got flooded by grant requests, but stopping completely this is not good decision in my opinion.

AD3. I do not trust any decision of the algorand governance because i believe that there is a person or small group of persons who hold more than 2 billion algos and they communicate with each other. They can affect any decision in the governance as it is now. I dont know what should happen so that someone persuades me otherwise, but clarity on who are the early backers is not strong side of the algorand. Also i do not think they should try to sell the tokens asap because i dont want the algo price to go below $0.1 …

The absolute centralization point of algorand is the DNS records on who is the relay node runner. The system of rewarding of node runners must be different in order to make it decentralized. For the record i am one of the node runners… not the one who receive $10000 per node but way less. Even with limited resources i am able to run the nodes in HA mode. If there would be a budget on whoever runs the node gets the share from this eg hourly rewards according to the performance of his node, we could consider this as a competition between node runners and the cost efficient solutions will have long term sustainable income. The same should apply for KMD nodes, and indexer nodes. I believe we really need to split the archival function of the node with the relay function of the node.

Another point of centralization is KMD nodes. Until now noone ever wondered why general person cannot make his account public. I have made kmd open spec, and implemented that anyone can make the account online within his selection of public KMD nodes (again without any incentives from the foundation). I believe that people should get rewarded if they protect the network as well as the public KMD nodes should get rewarded. Something like mining. Can be motivation of anyone to hold algo in his own account and easily marketized. Who was protecting the network until now? Is it really decenteralized?

AD 4. Governance right now is terrible. 1 or 2 decisions per quarter? You should really think on how to run a DAO when you have blockchain here. What about to hold the DAO decision on every git pull request to the algorand codebase? What about decision on which grants should get approved? What about combining 1 person = 1 vote with 1 token = 1 vote ? What about the security of the vote? For example if those early backers with billions of algos see the results in 14 day voting sesion window just a day and they do not agree to it, they might just overrule the vote… Why not to implement encryption with voting so that the results are visible only after the voting session ends? There is already standard for all of this and foundation has zero communication with zero support to improve this.

For the record the Algorand is my choice #1 mainly for the tech… However i still see there might be improvements done :slight_smile:

@Massimo @fabrice @ian … please bring the discussions about my proposals to the foundation

8 Likes

If the foundation doesn’t act in the interest of higher ALGO prices, we can create dApps and/or DAOs on the blockchain to take advantage of lower ALGO prices. That seems like the obvious solution for developers, irrespective of what ALGO does.

That is the beauty of ASAs! If the price of ALGO is lower, they are relatively less expensive to exchange; there isn’t any need to list an ASA on any exchange when it operates only within the context of a dApp and/or a DAO.

For example, DAOs can create unlisted ASAs to attribute contributions as ownership portioning, issuing and exchanging internally, paying fractions of a cent in ALGO per transaction. I’m working to create DAOs in that way.

At the moment, trust is requisite; yet we can know who we’re trusting. This KYC means Know Your Co-owners. I will be launching one soon, so stay tuned!

2 Likes

Can you please tell me what are you basing this opinion on? Are you a high level employee at the Foundation who has insight into what’s going on? Or maybe you built a business of that scale and you’re currently running it? I’m going to make and educated guess that the answer to both of these questions is no.

It’s getting tiring to constantly read these “Algorand Foundation is doing a good job” comments when so many things point otherwise. Let’s go over some of those:

• OTC selling ALGO $76M ALGO to 3AC at discounted price without properly vesting them
  • Not a single thing about USDC holdings on transparency reports
  • Losing $34M in Hodlnaut fiasco
  • Hiring Ryan Terribilini, a guy with controversial history which could possibly include money laundering. After an expected backlash from the community related to this, Staci pretty much tweets: “If you don’t like who I hire sell your ALGO and f*ck off”
  • Pushing the “We are focused only on institutional adoption” narrative. It should be obvious by now that this kind of attitude ended up backfiring. Algorand failed to take an advantage of L1 hype which was a great opportunity to grab a decent market share of smart contract market. Not enough developers were onboarded and there was barely any retail “adoption”. Now, there’s barely any retail traders interested in trading ALGO which means lower trading volume and liquidity.
  • Keeping +98% of holders underwater
  • Staci admitting that there is nobody in charge of governance in recent Twitter spaces. This pretty much confirms the suspicions that governance voting is something completely trivial and insignificant, especially if you consider that big wallets hold the majority of the stake. This is pretty funny considering that the only incentive one might have to hold ALGO right now is actually governance.

I’m looking forward to seeing which one of these things inspires confidence in you that the sheep is being steered in the right direction.

2 Likes

My comment was largely around the fact that the previous administration of the Foundation was terrible, and caused a lot of issues that Staci has started to correct. Staci has created some of her own issues, but the recent hirings I think point to better decision-making going forward. (John Woods, Deirdre Halligan, a new marketing exec from Silicon Valley is coming in January).

• The hodlnaut fiasco was an investment made by Sean Lee, that crumbled after Staci took over. Not exactly Staci’s mistake, not saying she isn’t partially to blame for not re-evaluating every investment when she got there…but the blame falls more on Sean here.

• Staci joined as the entire market was collapsing and then FTX went insolvent. She’s grown the AF and implemented heads of NFT, DeFi, Web3 etc, so progress is being made towards retail.

I personally think the AF is doing a below average job at this point, but I think the previous regime at the Foundation was absolutely god awful, and Staci needs more than 6 months to show that she can right the ship, especially when her first 6 months have been in a straight decline bear market.

That being said, Staci admitting nobody was in charge of Governance at the foundation is actually insane. It should never have taken her this long to appoint someone, it honestly is reflective of how much the Foundation cares about passing off power in my opinion. I don’t expect them to relinquish a lot of power, but there has to be a plan to slowly decentralize it. I too was IRKED that literally, no one was in charge of this for this long. I wrote the comment you quoted in early September, so 3 more months of developments have happened since then.

3 Likes

Oh! I didn’t notice that the person that replied before me actually resurrected an old thread, wasn’t paying attention to the dates. A lot of the things are obvious now which weren’t that obvious 3 months ago.

My sincere apologies to you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I won’t speak to your other points, however there is someone in charge of Governance currently. Adrianna Belotti, a veteran member of the Algorand Foundation.

Also, I don’t really see what calling into question Conscious’ employment or entrepreneurial history does for your case.

1 Like

she already blamed Sean Lee for 3AC and owned up to Hodlnaut being her idea

the most disgraceful act is not losing $35M, she probably had good intentions to keep the runway longer, the thing that gets most people upset is the endless dumping of ALGO and spending spree on things like bike charity. $15M might not be much in JPM but its 1 Governance Reward. no accountability, no explanation, no KPI on how the charity would actually help adoption.

the community gave 3 years to Kokinos and Callaghan. there is simply not enough funds to give Warden another 3 years to rekt Algorand. losing $35M even at JPM would most probably get you fired - but Staci being one of the board members probably won’t fire herself.

2 Likes

@scholtz you have been contributing here for a long time, has there ever been a time when management contacted you or decided to discuss with the community openly about non-technical issues raised?

the Foundation / Inc is centralized and they obviously have no performance review or incentives to explain or refute open criticism. this is almost like asking Trump to evalute his own performance and we all know he will say its perfect 100 points.

there is simply nothing the community can do, even this “forum” is basically a one way streak where Warden probably don’t care to read because she is getting so much heat (and rightly so). Algorand will go nowhere because management believes they are doing the perfect job and there is no way they can improve.

2 Likes

I have been invited to Eth Denver 2022, and i met few members from algorand team… It was very good experience.

I think this migth not be correct… The management tracks the forum from time to time, and tries to go with discussion with developers… I think they like little events with more attendees… for example when there was Knights of algorand event John has come and there was quite open discussion… Also for example at the Fam sunday twitter space events there seems to be always some people from the foundation. We had last sunday the open discussion about the xGov… There was also discussion on how they feel is the best way to get in touch, and in this specific case they suggested to create comments at arc33 github page and comment specific line.

3 Likes

thanks for the update Scholtz, good to know they still have a shred of decency to address some dev related issues and conveniently ignore questions on budget, runway, marketing, KPI, sponsorships etc.

3 Likes

this forum should be open to all holders and not just shills that only propagate the Foundation’s ideology (whatever it is).

Algorand Foundation is just not hungry to gain market share, it took a passive role during bull market by pushing the narrative “build and they will come” whilst spending hundreds of millions in sponsorships that went nowhere for adoption. The cost of adding an additional active user must be in the tens of thousands per user. not even Google and afford this, let alone the only “income” for the Foundation is by selling ALGO.

The passive plan didn’t work and now we have less users, less funds to throw around and all we have is the “best tech” narrative. why do we need the entire team when they have done nothing but depleting funds? all we need is the dev team and thats it because others are dead weight - 4 years of attending WEF / Seminars etc. i have not heard 1 person that has been able to justify why Staci put down $15M on her charity bike sponsorship - yet we are here justifying the Foundation is doing good work?

not that it matters because the culture has been so inbred to accepting whatever the Foundation/Inc throw at the community even if its dog crap and the shills will somehow justify it as being good. as the Ambassador program winds down and less and less people are involved people will be left scratching their heads what Algorand has achieved in bringing in the masses to blockchain. and it will be a big fat ZERO.

4 Likes

If this list is updated there are 699,866,745 ALGO in the Inc’s wallets

GCIMBKDKNABEI3JZIECTLKJLRN7MQ2KQ4HK36Q6TTI5ZXBBW2ZCFGIBNYY 0.964823
UPJLFC4FGBDQ6BJ6S6E6IVUL6MPMSNWPNDY3FLKSY55AIXGHIZDTW7ISMI 0.0
3WCK5U7OFDIDT4WKIDYPIXC7M7IV2EP7DUR5FL46A43OUBZG2VNGSAAFBU 0.129665
5XVH6ZFQMKN4OAPSG7NRMATFNNKXHPKT5V6XTFTIFPVDEMW3KCDGUTK6O4 12570.513819
FSSGABKRUSY5EJLNZWGFSBGGVYK2E2VGU6DHCHLNY3D6A3VBDKCGBJKSVE 0.0
I3345FUQQ2GRBHFZQPLYQQX5HJMMRZMABCHRLWV6RCJYC6OO4MOLEUBEGU 1.124241
6LQH42A4QJ3Y27FGKJWERY3MD65SXM4QQCJJR2HRJYNB427IQ73YBI3YFY 0.608127
3V2MC7WJGAFU2EHWBHEETIMJVFJNAT4KKWVPOMJFJIM6ZPWEJRJ4POTXGI 0.805417
FTXSKED23VEXNW442T2JKNPPNUC2WKFNRWBVQTFMT7HYX365IVLZXYILAI 0.47226
IAOW7PXLCDGLKMIQF26IXFF4THSQMU662MUU6W5KPOXHIVKHYFLYRWOUT4 0.478322
4NRNE5RIGC2UGOMGMDR6L5YMQUV3Q76TPOR7TDU3WEMJLMC6BSBEKPJ2SY 0.881876
E2EIMPLDISONNZLXONGMC33VBYOIBC2R7LVOS4SYIEZYJQK6PYSAPQL7LQ 0.421259
APDO5T76FB57LNURPHTLAGLQOHUQZXYHH2ZKR4DPQRKK76FB4IAOBVBXHQ 0.64124
3KJTYHNHK37G2JDZJPV55IHBADU22TX2FPJZJH43MY64IFWKVNMP2F4JZE 1.198241
IVKDCE6MS44YVGMQQFVXCDABW2HKULKIXMLDS2AEOIA6P2OGMVHVJ64MZI 1.016699
2WDM5XFF7ONWFANPE5PBMPJLVWOEN2BBRLSKJ37PQYW5WWIHEFT3FV6N5Y 0.928707
EOZWAIPQEI23ATBWQ5J57FUMRMXADS764XLMBTSOLVKPMK5MK5DBIS3PCY 1.22362
REMF542E5ZFKS7SGSNHTYB255AUITEKHLAATWVPK3CY7TAFPT6GNNCHH6M 0.934382
T4UBSEAKK7JHT7RNLXVHDRW72KKFJITITR54J464CAGE5FGAZFI3SQH3TI 0.971615
YUDNQMOHAXC4B3BAMRMMQNFDFZ7GYO2HUTBIMNIP7YQ4BL57HZ5VM3AFYU 0.354738
4SZTEUQIURTRT37FCI3TRMHSYT5IKLUPXUI7GWC5DZFXN2DGTATFJY5ABY 1.113807
UEDD34QFEMWRGYCBLKZIEHPKSTNBFSRMFBHRJPY3O2JPGKHQCXH4IY6XRI 0.938643
HHZQOGQKMQDLBEL3HXMDX7AGTNORYVZ4JFDWVSL5QLWMD3EXOIAHDI5L7M 0.52587
XRTBXPKH3DXDJ5OLQSYXOGX3DJ3U5NR6Y3LIVIWMK7TY33YW4I2NJZOTVE 0.858876
JJFGCPCZPYRLOUYBZVC4F7GRPZ5CLB6BMTVRGNDP7GRGXL6GG4JEN7DL54 0.848113
3P3CHL4M5JTDJKEL3ARLUZRXY23BWWPX6SZDC2NIBALL3SKE7JBIFOVOAY 1103.323928
5TSQNIL54GB545B3WLC6OVH653SHAELMHU6MSVNGTUNMOEHAMWG7EC3AA4 0.0
CRLADAHJZEW2GFY2UPEHENLOGCUOU74WYSTUXQLVLJUJFHEUZOHYZNWYR4 102.117572
4VNSA2GZVUD5ZNO62OVVNP4NEL2LIEE5N3MZEK4BKH62KGKRLVINFZYTZM 0.915755
IVCEEIH2Q32DZNRTS5XFVEFFAQGERNZHHQT6S4UPY7ORJMHIQDSTX7YM4E 10.853754
PLFHBIRGM3ZWGAMCXTREX2N537TWOMFIQXHFO2ZGQOEPZU473SYBVGVA5M 0.499754
43KKSH4AARKTVNAJ2RMW5NZJFCVNM2VWBKAR6LFCTVJI4FMK55G4FRK45M 496.696666
AJUX2YBPQY3RLX5XDPXHUYRJJNGNNOEH54T46RXJ3R5ICU7YPGIOHDXBZM 477.471731
JIV7XNGTYSPIAP3WLHPRQILW7NZU6DKFFRVXCFDKAGYNPX6IVPG4WPOWCU 495.711735
4R3J36TDAQHBDBTYVM5OITASSH3GMMNSPS5BLB67FBLQKCP7U5NJ4HLKQE 524.140338
6JF7P3NV4SO52ZWQJH6O7OWFV5AP6ES4LS6ORKUN7WIPRFLWTZIRJOW2LU 390.685265
53U4ZLJP5QC3ULEOHVH2URLCPLCMF6DL42B42DR3CGK2NTZT55TNE42TKU 0.0
2KWMLJW2WZ5HOMIK65I5JEZIS5CKAYJJ6D3SDWKDLXMI42DCNXIWITMKY4 0.0
MVRIQBLUWWI5WTDF76ZE7GJMCVJH3PWN6LMYIQ6LHIXAZGWWSZXLCZE3UM 0.0
KUGGYDYOTT6AEHLI7TKMZROISBBULB4KJCSNSXEESHJRAEYRIZBGNQTBKI 0.0
OQXHUL6MR3GNLZQTQI3YG7BLZDO5VPC6T3KN23KUFQFDW7V3VO2JAESNXM 0.918341
DN63T7XCGMGAEWMIQ4KAUJLZFZFOWYFXCQGXTFRG57VBBCGEOUZAMUJRXA 0.100001
FFC5CBYTO5GZMMCI2J55PC7FUGPERLCKMXBP7OC4JI5EDLVJPHIULHETTY 0.100001
BSLFKDJULMX2LJACJAKR4LSBZXIBO4D3B222EOYBL76FDJTVC6Q3JBI4AA 1073282.102456
UXRF2ESMUPBVTPUWYN33ESMQ2MKSYO73C52PQ24UIHZOALJJBROUKRQV5M 0.100001
YVN7RWU2VHNZHQ6WXUFHG7FW766WBRTYXLAWWPPPKLZPSXR4YXORB3FD6U 0.100001
PXSIAWWXOXBYKYVCXOMQSRII653SACOADULSXEMBWDXDDXFJJTUZQT35JA 0.0
3AQ6UAV65Q7QMZJY6MUYR3KOJDI7UTCIV7D5RPDWWJOFR5C2UK7ZYDOMR4 0.0
MRUOCFRAPUST4JXY2RZIRQ3X255OGLWBQSD7RRXJS3V3AHRINZVV4Z7ONI 0.0
MQA5TL7BXW3NFSOFBIMOC77M3H6YWNLAV3IGRC5HKYLYZEFMF6WMAQJZG4 0.0
Z4ERIQSI3VSE5NE2ODDOOK6CT4QQAYKEZAD74X5AFHG3BHRUQZQAZ35FGE 0.0
4W4UPQQGUBUQTMBJVGUHGMV6WMIFOUSEKS2YJSI76GOHWYJNLVXTTZLEX4 21656.80611
6OQNZ6P4QAUUWL2FFYV5BAH5GBJOYL4M2D67WYBQEIW5KYXWAMUYN4L3T4 1.418962
A5MXEZ2OSLHDJOVVKDGQDAD6IETRJ5T4PQRQDYE4WE2USOMRVRUEQH24FA 1.391415
M645L4V46IHAZI23JOGCSJ4WYOVCQJ4MXC2NHRGTEUN7GIESD6GNYA7REM 146.252852
PR576WDPWZBP6R2ZXNMHTX5Q7PHOCGBXQMBGN7GMW7YJ4NAWAWGYHWBA7A 382.176589
ZZRAMSMML7AKV4MIHSHPYUM2MDE42KKVRO2H52APRO2ZS3CJIV55OAHQEA 463160.324389
G6AIRDAJFSBXNFBHLQ2F5JLZJ6EYYYLDZSCDHUQUB2YUG5QO4ZB4VNAL7I 2407.124178
2QXNQMXZNZLTKBKPLBADOEJ233L4YH4TDETSDNHCPUXNXENS46SHCEXE3A 604193.777189
HC2EJL3A3GL7ZKBNK32KTOPGYWJDWMCRM3RNZTYVAN5YDCSK6PZDHF3OQM 5643231.55189
55JRJV5VC7DEWNOG3RJIVINRPN25TWNPMBPM4LFTCUEBIU3TSMONCM77DI 5473583.32542
ONXWLR5UEXMRHC3HRVOFXLKGHTZTKO3OFXYILQGRXMSM5DT756M7QQ2EU4 217539.522752
LI6VJHMOFIGSTT7P4VZTNOEBCXRBGUFWGJOX6ED232ZFZH5CHLA4ECVGIM 12188656.387908
SLPLM6WUBSQQEWAHPFWMOQIVQ7JLHZSY5XEXVSKJT3LKHKMVKUAP7LF35I 0.0
4WYNGQD2DVT5SMKWSLNOWU3M54XR6QE3NER7WGXIXXJWQNU2N6RX4G37MU 41168.616435
TIIHS4257NZIQCQEYKI3WHCKACXDA37FP42JLJEZ7R5MXGQS63KFS7PR34 1002105.101902
EOTLCF5FMHBVJE42SZA5BPDQDSGRNZCN5VFEH4BMH4BKKZMN7JBP46N6BM 0.100001
GDHWSDEOQ5XQJ5NQSH33VAF7GNZQEXAKI3W7YZU3SBFMJLTLE4Y2FOSN4A 0.100001
P6ZE4A7EROHWM5WZAJ6ROBXRLZBE4ZW3ST54CKD47OBTLBLDUB2VFUP4DA 1.098
YUY6NU72W2QRMFYIWDV74E5IZWFKHAQJKJ2NWA22VMKD2MXCOWRXMBFDWQ 1.099481
EMB3OW7H7IO2LP3GNKDRVQ4TUWQH2QNANLIA4YREUD7OAV6LYNQ2BZJKMI 1.099481
I24TX6L2WUKXLOUQ6L3HVPTHNRPP3JAMZGPGW6CIA2YHFHZYIXPV3RY6LI 75000000.100481
JDBF5JTCVNM3DQMSGSWWUSYBJSRGC2PT3YRCCUQCZ3SZLIBCCOB5DBKCLA 94189.334394
MTEYUSGQVCSQDRB2FY7A6W3SYBYU7YWWKUA2HPPVMWO6PC5BREIHJRLZWQ 0.100481
XGA4XWB7YOMWUNBZZICF4FB47HVYK7ELJTLTHUWLWFAGTDNX7HWSSSKDRE 0.100481
DVC3MOSSZDQERPUDBYHEK77PGNLT5F4BTUETES2AJY5F33LHFIRXPTYYTM 0.100481
27ZV6MEIPPMOZCSRMQWVA4SDWYP4JMY4SQMILATPQ5X3ROXITIZQPC3L7A 0.100481
EAQRSFK3S4ZSWHRK6PLMJ34PDF5BX2RCFBMP7KOTZZFETSSEWM6B75JNNA 0.100481
Q22KBTLLJZ5YG65QBBSGWVNKYI2F3HLY6FNNKLZEWHFFXXIZQARBNFQ6SQ 0.100481
OORQKKBNFFATDFAHLSPGO5PBOKOUBRUARIEJU26YJWHX2EEYLY5ATYEX4Q 0.100481
A32TLWFQZTGLVIKF5IQIY7XLQNR36H7M7CMB4SKBZV4NNEB6HQIEK3D7RY 0.100481
WTXSCZGMVK4EC2DKZFKCZ55OOO2NWNPRJPVZA3OFGXHO2OJ7NHGDG6GT5Y 0.1
4FSXRKG433RQS6DVEHU7WXOOKAP4DOEMRH3SB4Y6RTLAMRTTHBCM2OIZEU 0.1
Q6JX4ZUNQWJ2HTLICKSN4IZYZMOIT2ZWZISZQLL6ACTUDDP2OELVLG65NY 0.1
NYQLZVX77FA4P2MG6ZXF7FQLEPFWMXF4LSJUUFTEV22WIUOVYUN62WATJ4 0.100481
F25CITAOWO3WRM7Q4FJDBQCLIB2VVUK7ELRHTR7H5E53N3PDXDHCU24MBQ 0.100481
MLRAZSB6RAJHANQUO3FFSURNA5JTV7ULOCS5EENMHRY6AMRRGLWF53WY6U 0.100481
MKG2DM4BWL3LCCS4VRK7WZJUSO3ZBVL63VJ6GNYGUX6GJPTHL2OTAX543M 0.100481
UPPODXCYB6VIQBCCB5FSF4GSBWITNVJOWWFPHLR2AOAETP7BNHKNX5L5NU 0.100481
GWZENXHNOIUCQNZOR3GGM3W4FY2GGEZ2GRPT6MAQOU2JQQ6FTABVQZZW74 0.100481
J3PI7R66BXAN5AHC3H6LK7OOOHCU55VXC57S66FWMW4E7E6FP52PN4XBFM 23760747.312529
3JWABOWW6LV7T7A77EL3Y66RO22GTIGFHNIYHNTIF6S2TAH3VB7QEK5SD4 26064191.848098
DEI6S2EGQDDGKYAXD7QSKPDOHUPY5B533KMRYFQHWYZP2H5EGDY7SNQERQ 12127662.395211
2L5XEROLPBGQLQR3G35H6HQTNMBY5TBNN6MLMBUV5BYNQSTUNEVCJZRNWY 0.1
GQ5SSXTGOQGGYDMEAUAWIUCGZIJOUFMUV2UV6ALU5RTPDX3QND6JQDZJ4A 0.100481
VR5GCRIN4BGXGNK75YQM7NXFOMNUSYWN5KU2EDQMS47OWPTXQGHUBD777I 0.100481
NLPFMIAOD7UDQRFWHKAXMPTHM533CKWNWVQUZR6QVIY6LU4YNKZLIQO57E 0.100481
PFSYMRLHT5J5UC7C6COJUKB4OZW32LMAGQ4AMSYVYU6LXYU3DQR6OGPA6U 0.100481
QRPB2MLOBFK2JXREISSEZVOZDF2DPJDHNDDUBII2AALPPPFED7MRIX4RRM 0.100481
QFIB6R3PMSDHVOZI4OC3URQKDIT6X66LDXNNX6KR6K75637P2LPUYCUI6A 0.100481
TNPYYYPLCCNJTMFMBZBCKBU2DI6BOMG7I4S5YJF4W5DC4T7CPNTT3CUO54 0.100481
VWHIYQLH6TOPCEJITJRNBVJLLMRCGHK6YUW2Y3NB4BDUADHDECVLQFH6AQ 0.100481
DKLDC4PL3PMMKR5JBBRLX6XJ7VNUSJBRAFLUU4AJUVLB6F3MFUGC2VURNE 0.100481
MHULIV7D7N3AQMY5WF6GRUB4JEYXFKDDCAYJCSYYP6PPOTFVAYIMTEWNUM 0.1
FVN6Q75YCZMSIL4I3GNNF5AZQ76IYIMFAECZM24NE5HEOZYK3VFYE5UFEA 0.1
76QBK3GHB6HZQZLHXGUEFH2IVT3I3FZ5XODJ4KAHJ2DGJR4SMOAZUMX4IA 0.1
XQJF6HVQUZ5ITT5K3AI5RVNLBPBY3HCHLOTV2UFFCEWZAHA4LQIDNPVPPQ 5816017.486029
7XZ44DKOUXAHOJIMSY3JTWN5USTV5Z4FX6BXOZYYLD22IQPCFZF4STNV5A 0.1
TRYG7KZWEJ4XLFJZZRSYVBZZLPRSN2RDTP27HKY4KXLRAKEPGWCN2BB5SQ 0.1
D6WXBRERPFJZULID2N2MWURQDCKS3OZYN5LHVXCBHSFN4SBFH2FK6TMA4U 0.1
AWRTJW4TEOPWFPTQTVA6I4V4GYQUUCUZEPG5CLTIC2MXVN2RK463JW4JUQ 0.1
5YAJJXRITXLWMINIPWOVBNKKXBYKGBFFSH6MG54TFRFJCQYFIC3JFMFN4U 0.100481
B4ZHZXZJRU4FFN3AGNQ2M45LYUVK7JUWATFA7HXHWKH57CMYSPYT2OBCCA 0.100481
JXEJCS5UCEAN27Q4UJKBGKZPKDY4AHXWKBTFE5LVQ5MOPLYTWFB5AYWF4Q 0.100481
Q6TIZKZNAQAHJEMHZRIC6NJUA3X57SORNRUTFLDP7MJTRDW4FDPPKBQ3HQ 0.100481
UN3PJEVFG4NAOM2G3LNAT5JUWDKMOCANPHGFTLJKLHGMGMI7HGW55ESPKU 0.1
SC76VVXLPOXJL67UEURJRDQM5GEVIW7MOYOT7TJS5ICBKRFLL37MZJYKLM 0.1
NIYGZVT6CCG2MMYLVG52ZMCOJXAIYHCCHLFICCXGEWMQMAXEYRJUT4IGLA 0.100481
KCLFMYXUOU63BBTLGXS3X6GCV4UEWCVMYJJNLA5PD6CRGJ2WVXQ6HT6WNA 89277.247539
JONAS3XAA5YSDV4VAM574RECYRQKWD7YF252SQVAYK46H5MLPWH42ENHXA 0.1
KRMRDK42NDXDBCWU25OKWBMTZBHFWZHJDVZFNDX22I2H6SUEELASRQA5O4 0.1
OVAA75Q4VPN7JLKD6GEKBRV6WEEZSQTN5H6RVR2XM4JMR3WXSABY4VAT6E 21690388.030373
Z4HFVL2FOXH354OZ6EOV7Q3BSKVIFTR5V3C3RHW67755BZSG4XHYVRUXVQ 0.1
5CCXXW56A5XA4EOMXTFO77NMAZAEDBT53NDSNXQ53TOPUFIWZV3TZQZCOU 0.100481
M6WNKS4G4QGEUOYSEMGL5PJ5DWDLMXNGMAWZHADD6RM6QQQ5HITT7OTLHQ 0.100481
B33XIGCEFDUXPAEW55ENKIP5OWBN7UKU2KQE2NPBMCVE7YRXHHJKQVOTQ4 0.100481
X7COW6GCOY4MDEHKA4RI3UMG7TGTUUE7FIFJBT7E7YXOLJLHZBFB6TBOGQ 8491.92487
I5PMLETVPQBMB3QW5TJ6IFRKLUGUG6GSM3RGJSPFYM7NFHZ77WNZZOHPRE 0.100481
2IPE53LBOQHBY72S2QQJT57XPWU6LIEL74VRHTBOK5JUPHMWB5QHZJFX5Q 0.100481
RQGMYQXXDPCCNXRK3VCPUFMCLKTAUDAQL74344IHTSIP3YJM2BU56T6N4A 0.100481
ZFMYRJCRVYIU3B4XIBNOXUZV4FF3SWI4FQE3DHMUBDNKVX2BPULDHGIDZ4 0.100481
EA5Y2YGH7YSZVEKQTUSCFLVYU2RCUA625UEOFSHPRSFCKKNRZUV5UTL6DQ 0.100481
WBWW7YLKE6QPTC5A63X32UERMGFZ67JFRZ3GUEYHYBOTQVVNY33KLWT4HU 0.100481
U36DUPH6RDZTF2YVKZYOMOZCHBBOPXGRTNAFJU5RXMBAOEQKVNNAG5WQMA 0.1
GJ6GCRYD2Q6O5OOGA3A747JBPPEDTKF326ZEX2S6ZZVLK56Q2COECGVHM4 91726.971839
VCIGK4KGH5OHO3LM55KRLCO3PCWOEYPDJYIMZPEJE3WQYKVNFUDQ3BCNEU 34849794.646026
AKFVC5SRSTRGYITTHC3PKHEAQ5ZDBOHJGJFSOYVYTWVVIPY2ZFCTTBFATM 4899581.004544
XOV7SOX7U47C52A2BLSBTXJTESQ7NMDVFSRMUFZS5YM34KTZWNN4TEBZSA 26265234.897872
RYNMFDVOKRY7UW2CGZ7EXI7OOZIM3WAJF3O5NVYFRPSEJIHB54X7AIEURE 4899582.554207
QVBPNYYYATBTH7ZMVKCIAKGK4HSPEIMYZPAIFYIO6TA7CNT5ATSWOTH634 4900033.253739
7FNFACOYMS5OGGWW4ILIYEZKUQ6Q6IIOKLLZ6HNZAZNTPJB5N5W6273GC4 3999.471733
TQC3A2VZZADIKK2S3UHOQQA2UD2HVR27UJZVLNKZ5EMPMRM3RH6CC75HHY 3999.554138
PMYQRSLECSJHPJC6POYFSVKF223IY7BTFZ2CPRQRR4HC4U334PTJT2LVJE 19849855.482426
XSJRBWI5G6M7FRYSLFP5GPKSIQ25EJIZS3VBFSQFXQVTINFQIYSUZR2EPY 1.098481
DUA4SI3KAZZCZ2LWZF6IYLBGQSMJFMEUPCO6Z2MWSDLOPJAC3OSFLO2ETI 1039275.474404
CJR54TOS4Y2HCFTFYTQHBFNQ5PHN2VAJ4JD5F5UDCIJICY274NIH7XNZNY 1039275.474659
B3IGB6YWBDOD3YB4PO3RZU6M5AX2ITJLIVPFYQ4BN6DVKYB5IT66T7IHBY 170240.361145
ZLMP3DEAFVJ3WESWYZ6XD4ZIYF2T47TCRXXWWO5UINWWA5HIQ7WVXMASUU 0.100481
IAZ6LB6SP6FURQAJIBCHNCVWONCYDJKXQZCTE3IHROE7BMAQE45VLFXGPA 0.100481
Q4PZM2ZH27BICDISY4TJN3WRZOEILNRYHSLIFMSNCRDJDDKYRMU5ICPKXM 0.100481
MXLVPGYH4CD3RBABQWEU4JXJBFWSZDX2JY5TYOED7LFAQITCLI54BYMVAA 0.1
K7EW6G67OJK3XUR6UDS46OU4O25AY6LPGYDG7PQAWXRT7UAK2RSZKYOURY 0.100481
6XE425XN2476VJD5Q6XMCSUB2WSYJ7SFBBPZMBEDR7MPG3IJHHYVZ5FDHQ 0.1
UKGMKYYABIZXHTAV5SHRDF66YFN5QXW2G7GLBGVTVNOC7IGAKDTGP5SFBY 0.1
K4SGS7CZGHTZHSOQHNM6YHTQDP3HQWOYZTAPKXLRDXUASPALKIN6VGMKL4 0.1
SCCXYUFQO54BDRMBOXV5GWGBARO2XA2H4TSNISLKK3DPFVGYCGQW7XNVA4 4206876.864934
UII3Q2TJJZIDLQGTPFRL4TSAXEPT323E7CQSXQHX3WE5LEKAYSDVJ7DFLA 6186201.360773
DMJZ6JFNWIRJJBNKY5DW5J3GPSL7PDP6EWGJKDFJOARUQCA5HARHOCCTZE 0.999784
DYVDN4HHXMY32GHIVIVVKVWIPOL5AQGPILT5YPQEUJAZXX4LPUSVNGPIV4 0.999784
UEGP6V3LT5PGANFG2J56Z33IMNIVVOB2Q4BP4X7LHAHUEJFFK22C42OQDE 21.078031
AQFGC7DO7VCRSIY2KVZE7GPNRLJGYRCNV5SB7BPWEE5MCJQIRZ4QIFCJ4Y 0.100481
3JCHXW33EVK2K6MBDOGFDFDKK5DD66XM7TTSLBSLST3IZLDFRCLDVKKSDE 0.100481
CRC5S6GYNH3WX53KVDOU4GHJEXHZ2DPGFW76QC6XFTEVR4KVMQPGRUGS7Y 0.100481
HRQNMT5KHUGYBRMF2AXGZTY5QHKSX7GIQXWYDSVRZMP2E3VIWPIZF7H7MM 0.100481
AHRECSX5VG3RZIFZ3ITOCGR47NIJOXBQ3JRVKV2SLLBHZBNXTQB2ESATYQ 0.100481
GRI3EXGKWTFJPMLUATWAGITVZBCDL5A36IW2JS7GPL43YEVCOXIOKWKVIQ 0.100481
EADAS4NP7DLCZK7WMNLX265G6CBRWRC3BCEKDDC6BNEAQO4Y5V4BPQKQ34 0.1
LSE2CQNW42757DWCO6JMC3Y27WAQ2HYJ5VR3DY3ZN5PFWFCIDFQLIJ2JT4 0.1
VA3KUHQURPITMNZFNTGYPXT4FV7UQDKM4AHB3LE5A5D57O5VKNHTYSMCQE 0.1
IGBLEDFSXQKMCRTZPYG24TYBZZQULSZYKM5QO2426VIFZRA5PDFP75RAL4 0.100481
URVXGGZU36TKUG2PUO375NTUEFAQ3FNFKUZINYNNL7I263LNMRHC2AQEDI 0.100481
R4NTIC54MEZLYB2LYVJMHO5PO2652L372FXFB5QKHHOQDKZ75WOUGPPAPQ 0.1
ANBDPY27QN4HG5QGBQ2RUVTQDSFJZSXNZET2PJFNEJFFRUA7V5FPENL3UY 62362.100001
4RR2I35FZ5DDSWBETZR4R5PTLICUN5K6DZGLEIPCDCLMPWFVDHTXMFRGM4 0.1
ZMPTM2Z5ED6NJ2NEBOAN77FNF7EARS3LUDRBHNYXFZTADIKFXL54LQHDTA 0.1
QXG4MXTCHTFSJ5MC4QGCSCKOGT3QEQVJWROOBZOZM5WHXNVE3M5A2W4UA4 0.1
YOWIVJG2A52NWMCJILFCFOBA54E3XIEGZK7HGE3N3KMRJDWHSAMBUAJSJI 0.1
7QBBN4RKXKXNBFI4XNCR2LUFIHSRV3ZKBRIPKBX735I4AGJKDI3G5ROBCU 0.1
4XPLMYVDI4LCAGR7NNOKKY64AYS6YJIPHO5X2DYNZFJWCUTMSHUIR36URQ 0.1
BTQHHT2F6A4JZTCINYTOMSHHPQWJ3N2KVYZ3GELKHIWMMY3NW3DU5AOMI4 0.1
2DWFTCUCHZITPUJBRH5KLTNN4PCFAKYPOF7HRN3QATW2D3UZHV2SDT6GMQ 0.100481
MK2Z5BTVQZE6SWXSUPFVOMKTRV7GFP5DR6TLOWXY6AWBOPQ2QROP6VE2IE 50965720.626625
WOWUY7UOR26BCHCTUOWL4ZONZD6G5RSMYJQU22NS5C4K2LWSR7OTZSX3QI 0.1
66UYBBD5LBKCUVMY2I5WWIUFXMI2W2IYFHDTXFDVIYRCATZAHZ7MB2M5DQ 43239943.663026
47ONESQNZUNHCUUVE2EC2VZAJKRKLAG2XT2IIRE4EIFQZJ4BP4DQPW3L2M 50965717.647711
4L4UCO2NDK2UGGW4MHLMJJYYCR6PYUAHJQS775H7GGQCK4Z26EZ7DOMHMU 50965725.802227
GBGP7LPZOMDMQHZZIUZR7SXDMGXXIXEXFKGZ2WPNRQTGJO2I7XDTXMZ4JU 50965724.782912
YEUZBQWVSIYEVXKRGIQRJ25XTRNG454LNVAN3B6AESRHE6UIXCA4XZP3E4 50965723.764599
4UQTDS2M46UT3JL2UDOXFJQFMGR4AVB3TVGLGEQEJKVGMK2P424SH2NUIQ 50965722.744283
TEI4MPLR7R4RZZVQOYXC54DNM6TRNQJXKAOVXYSAQRLURRUKMHNSQPG3CM 50965718.07834
total:  699866745.828431
1 Like

Wouldn’t it be great if the Algo Foundation had a Twitter Spaces to get us up to speed on what they are and are not doing and why? I think that would tamp down a lot of speculation and rumors.

3 Likes

Hi @mmorselli, thanks for making algo inc accounts publicly available. I have done the same with the vote coin… Vote coin DAOs addresses can be found by making api calls https://api.vote-coin.com/Price/VoteCoinDAOAddresses … When i tried to enlist to CoinMarketCap, i think they required such endpoint. After that we used it in our DeFi reports which is good for transparency.

However, I believe that you did not dissolve my doubt. I was speaking about small group of people overruling algorand governance because the small amount of whales can decide anything.

I would also like to respond to this quote: https://twitter.com/isaacnewton1010/status/1607204801955377152?s=46&t=XiA32XbL4pbP5_1LoxZkPA

I believe there should be much more transparency on who gets grants… Since I have done that statement Algorand Foundation has put on governance decision the sum of how xgovs will redistribute grants. They have public discussions on how xgovs should work to distribute this amount, for example at this https://twitter.com/nonfungibleab/status/1605579457808371714?s=46&t=kPad_MguAN2dObU17YMroQ .

I urge everybody to put the comments or give likes to comments at https://github.com/algorandfoundation/ARCs/pull/152/files and ARC-34 Governance proposal process by SudoWeezy · Pull Request #151 · algorandfoundation/ARCs · GitHub

Btw from what I heared or read somewhere, there should be transformation of the algorand foundation not to give grants but to be investment type of company. In my opinon this is very good because grants are quite short timed focused. For example from grant for VoteCoin, i have brought encrypted voting to live, but i am not able to start the long term sustainable company from it. On the other side, if there would be opportunity to get investment, get more money and hire developers, the product can be turned into profitable business and foundation may have long term dividends from it.

To conclude, i believe we need more transparency, and I see the current route to be at good direction, but we need to take bigger steps.

1 Like

In an ideal world that would happen regularly. However, I have a feeling it wouldn’t work out to well. Did you watch the interview Staci gave during Decipher? When she was asked about her goals and vision for Algorand she started giving a vague speech about Silvio Micali. It was bad. Now imagine her having to answer questions from the community. It wouldn’t take too long for everyone to realize how miniscule their accomplishments are (if there are any).

Foundations in crypto space should be focused on building the community and promoting the technology. Yet, Algorand Foundation selects a CEO that has investment banking background. That speaks for itself.

1 Like