Choice Coin: A Solution to the Decentralized Governance Problem

Feedback on your video

I think the UI looks great, but it is a little complex - meaning there is too much data on the front end for everyday users. There is a heavy focus on delegation, I’m not sure that is necessary. Your idea to have a trusted account voting protocol is innovative, but it essentially acts as a validity mechanism which could be validated by an administrator in any number of ways. I like the idea of being able to ask questions directly. Overall, great demo - thanks for putting that together, it helps to see something visually and you were clear in your explanations and communication.

Your solution and Choice Coin

First, it seems like your voting system is a specific solution - to governance on Algorand. Our solution with Choice Coin is generalizable, meaning it is meant to facilitate voting across industry for various applications.

Second, you mentioned your system does not require an additional ASA. The Fortior Voting Protocol also does not require an additional ASA. However, having an additional ASA is a benefit rather than an impediment, particuarly from a business perspective. If you look at the main financial difference between Ethereum and Algorand, Ethereum has many ERC-20 tokens with real value built on the Network - for example, Uniswap, ChainLink, and GitCoin. Our goal for Choice Coin is to be a similarly supporting asset for the Algorand Network. Having a liquidity mechanism available for ASAs on Algorand would increase the value of the Network 10x with the opportunity to scale much higher. So, the new ASA is vital to the application because it is a way to capture real value for the Network as a whole.

Third, the ASA, Choice Coin, also allows for symbiotic votes for specific purposes, such as political elections or corporate voting. You can sell a token silo to an organization and then create a new token specifically for their voting needs, such as Congressional Election 2024 Token.

Collaboration

We would appreciate the opportunity to collaborate with you. In fact, we recently launched our Open Source Development Program, which will allow developers to be rewarded for their contributions to the Choice Coin Github. If you make a pull request with your OSS on our voting repo, we will compensate you with 25,000.00 Choice pursuant to the program terms and conditions, which are available on our website.

P.S.

I tried to donate some Choice to the QR Code on your video, but you haven’t opted in yet. If you opt-in, I will send you some!

2 Likes