Create and Manage a Non-Fungible ASA from the Command Line Using goal

Hi,
I try to Create and Manage a Non-Fungible ASA from the Command Line Using goal command ( goal asset create --asseturl “Coxinha - Wikipedia” --creator <your_address> --decimals 0 --name “Coxinha” --note “I have completed my tutorial on ASA creation using goal!” --total 1 --unitname CXNHA --datadir <your_directory> --wallet <your_wallet_name>).but I got this error
output:-error ( Wallet ‘your_wallet_name’ not found )

1 Like

You need to replace <your_wallet_name> by the name of your kmd wallet.
You can list those using:

goal wallet list

You may need to add the flag -d <your_data_directory, where <your_data_directory> is replaced by your actual data directory.

Note also that the creator address <your_address> must be inside the wallet. You can check the list of accounts in your wallet using:

goal account list -w <your_wallet_name>`

(and again you may need to add the flag -d <your_data_directory.

PS: To make it easier to read code, please write it inside triple backquote ``` ``` or single backquote ` `

1 Like

Hi.l got this type of error…help to rectify it Create and Manage a Non-Fungible ASA from the Command Line Using goal | Algorand Developer Portal

There is nothing wrong with your command, I created this coin on testnet:

$ ./goal asset create --asseturl "Coionxha wikipedia" --creator E5NKXWLV4FA2REGKZNI7ODZW2QSYP7IWVPBFADK2XVMYCJK7VVBTAFVOUE --decimals 0 --name "Coinxha" --note "I have completed my tutorial on ASA creation using goal!" --total 1 --unitname CXNHA --datadir data_testnet --wallet w1
Please enter the password for wallet 'w1': 
Issued transaction from account E5NKXWLV4FA2REGKZNI7ODZW2QSYP7IWVPBFADK2XVMYCJK7VVBTAFVOUE, txid DI5C6ITPWIZQ3QYJNKXTU72HU2JRHSHV6AVCCTN7WBV273XRS2WQ (fee 1000)
Transaction DI5C6ITPWIZQ3QYJNKXTU72HU2JRHSHV6AVCCTN7WBV273XRS2WQ still pending as of round 14569689
Transaction DI5C6ITPWIZQ3QYJNKXTU72HU2JRHSHV6AVCCTN7WBV273XRS2WQ committed in round 14569691
Created asset with asset index 16021377
$ ./goal account info -a E5NKXWLV4FA2REGKZNI7ODZW2QSYP7IWVPBFADK2XVMYCJK7VVBTAFVOUE -d data_testnet
Created Assets:
	ID 16021377, Coinxha, supply 1 CXNHA, Coionxha wikipedia
Held Assets:
	ID 16021377, Coinxha, balance 1 CXNHA
Created Apps:
	<none>
Opted In Apps:
	<none>

From your screenshots, there are two distinct issues:

1. The asset url is too long. Asset URLs are limited to 32 bytes, whereas your asset url is 36 byte.
  2. The “invalid: asset transaction not supported” is expected when you send an assert transaction to a network that does’t support assets. My guess is that you’re running a local private network, and you’ve used an older consensus protocol when creating it.
1 Like

Another explanation for the second issue is that you are using TestNet but are not synced yet. You can check if you’re synced by running goal node status -d ....
The Sync Time should be 0.0s and the last committed block should match the one of algoexplorer.io (or testnet.algoexplorer.io depending on the network).

Also, please copy-paste your error within triple backquotes ``` ``` rather than taking a screnshot to help users search for this issue in the future.

1 Like

create-and-manage-non-fungible-asa…

Hi , where we create the address and wallet name?? Which mean data directory? Please give a clear explanations

The article you referred to started with these requirements:

If you do not want to run a node yourself, you still can create ASA, using JavaScript and PureStake API, for example.

But perhaps the easiest would be to create your first ASA manually, using www.a-wallet.net for example. Here you can create your wallet and accounts (“addresses”). After getting some Algos, you can also create NFTs. (ASAs with max 1 unit available at a time)