Error getting suggested tx params "Missing Authentication Token"

Hi all,

Was using the EvanCoin example here Build your own coin on Algorand. Algorand 2.0 and the Algorand Standard… | by Evan Richard | Algorand | Medium with code here evancoin/main.go at master · EvanJRichard/evancoin · GitHub for creating a token. I have my unique purestake API token and updated the example code to direct towards the v2 testnet. Const mn and const ownerAddress have been checked and rechecked.

When I run it, I get

error getting suggested tx params: HTTP 403 Forbidden: {“message”:“Missing Authentication Token”}

Could you please specify the exact URL that you’ve used that end up generating the above error ?
( i.e. there could several reasons why you’ve received this error message; you haven’t provided much information about your environment, setup, etc. )

Sure thing, set the algodAddress to https://testnet-algorand.api.purestake.io/ps2

I’m using an Algorand Studio workspace and docker container setup for ubuntu 20.04

the above is just the base address. I’m wondering what the full request URL looks like.
( including the full path ). If Algorand Studio doesn’t provide this option, I would try and install Wireshark and examine all the outgoing HTTP requests to see what request is being made ( it might be an overkill, there could be an internal Algorand Studio feature that would do that - but I’m unfamiliar with it… )

Downloaded wireshark. No idea how to use this.

Tried some of the capture options - got “Couldn’t run /usr/bin/dumpcap in child process: Permission denied” for a lot of them

Redid everything in GoLand, debugging log shows this…

GOROOT=/home/user/go/go1.17.6 #gosetup
GOPATH=/home/user/go #gosetup
/home/user/go/go1.17.6/bin/go build -o /tmp/GoLand/___1go_build_awesomeProject1 -gcflags all=-N -l awesomeProject1 #gosetup
/snap/goland/166/plugins/go/lib/dlv/linux/dlv --listen=127.0.0.1:37191 --headless=true --api-version=2 --check-go-version=false --only-same-user=false exec /tmp/GoLand/___1go_build_awesomeProject1 –
API server listening at: 127.0.0.1:37191
Error getting suggested tx params: HTTP 403: {“message”:“Forbidden”}

Can you show what the way you created your algod client in Go, replacing the token by xxx?
This error most likely comes from an incorrect URL or incorrect token.