Help recover wallet

Hi, I’m a newbie non tech person so please don’t bombard me with too much code talk :wink:

I had an Android wallet on my phone which I used to join the staking rewards programme, I bought a new phone. My 25 word phrase is saved securely and when I try to use it on my new phone to recover my account / wallet I get a balance of zero. I fear loosing my Algos. I wonder if I’m doing something wrong.

I open the App, add account name then paste in my 25 word phrase, check the phrase is correct then create the account. No Algos, balance zero.

Can anyone guide me or tell me what I’m doing wrong.
Jonny

You can try using wallet.myalgo.com with the same passphrase. Check if the public key is the same you had in the previous wallet. Also, check on algoexplorer.io your balance to verify everything is fine.

1 Like

https://algoexplorer.io

May input the wallet address , then check the balance and transactions.

This is Ian from Algorand here. Sorry you’re having trouble with your Algorand Wallet! Can you please email your public key (not your passphrase) to wallet-feedback@algorand.com? We’ll take a look from our side and we can try to figure out what’s going on.

Thanks for your patience.
Ian

Thank you for replies, I’ve been working. I have set aside some time tonight to look at this. I’ll feedback how I get on.

First thing is I have not been great at keeping back up info, the only thing I have stored is my passphrase. I need to get on to Binance to find my wallet address and I have had to get a new phone and lost my Google Authenticator along the way. Recovering my data will take a while. I will keep chipping away at it. There are not many Algos, less than $100 worth so if I loose my wallet it’s not the end of the world.

Hi, Thanks for this tip. I’ve tried it and found my wallet there, this is great because I am able to see my wallet and am no longer worried about all being lost. Now all I need to do is work out how to get my Android Wallet up and running again. Great to have the reassurance my Algos are not lost. Thanks.

This is a bit embarrassing but I thought I’d share the truth. I had saved two different 25 word passphrases and was using the wrong one… :man_facepalming:

3 Likes