Interview about Post-Quantum (Cryptography)

Hey everyone,

I am currently finishing my MSC thesis on “Designing a policy recommendation for blockchain to transition towards a quantum-safe environment”, and I have conducted most of the research and I am now at the stage where I will start interviewing people in the field to get their views on this topic. As I am doing it together with Deloitte, I already have 17 in-house experts that are willing to be interviewed, and from my own ‘personal’ connections, I have managed to find 14 others in the blockchain space with relevant expertise. From my research I found that Algorand has recently introduced State Proofs to provide additional security to the network (quantum-secure). I would love to schedule an online session (30 min. to 1 hour) sometime in the middle of January with a lead-developer or cryptography expert at Algorand to discuss their views on post-quantum cryptography and the barriers of implementation, along with certain drivers for change and potential limitations.

I would really appreciate it if we could set this meeting up, so if you are someone that is willing to conduct this interview or know anyone in Algorand that would be open to this, please help me out!!

Thank you very much. Have a great holiday season and a hapyy new year!!

3 Likes

Great post! This reads like important work. It’s awesome and impressive that you’ve found so many people to interview and created an industry partnership with Deloitte. I’m really curious to read your thesis. Would you please share it here when it’s published?

Your best bet for an interview is reaching out to @fabrice at the Algorand Foundation. He is the best developer and cryptographer on Algorand.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the kind words. For clarity, I do have to add that I am not doing this in a “partnership” with Deloitte, as I am still an MSc student at a university. However, I am part of their blockchain team and also have two great supervisors from Deloitte to guide me through the process of my MSc thesis. We aim to publish the results academically in research papers, and (hopefully) also one day on the Deloitte website if all goes well.

It would be amazing if we could arrange an interview with @fabrice Any ideas on how I could reach him?

1 Like

We both tagged him, so he will probably be able to reply here or send you a DM directly. You could also send him a DM with a link to this post if you want to speed things up.

1 Like

Ah okay, I recently made an account here, so I was not aware of that. Let’s hope he responds here, otherwise (in a couple of days) I will try to send him a DM directly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to bother you, but I am not sure how I can send a direct DM to @fabrice , cannot seem to find it on this forum. Could you help me with this?

1 Like

There is a message button on the user profile in the top right corner.

1 Like