Multisig Account

Hello Devs!

I have a Multisig account with 3 owners, by changing one of the owners the multisig account address changes as well. In a situation whereby I have algos my multisig account, changing one of the owners changes the address, is it possible to still retain the algos I have in the new multisig address generated?
From what I know now, a change in the multisig address means the new address balance will be empty, or is the only solution to transfer the algos from the old multisig address to the new multisig address

The rekeying of multisig address to another multisig address is implemented in AWallet… https://www.a-wallet.net/

When you rekey the address, the original address (and balance) stays the same… you can generate vanity address, rekey to multisig, and later rekey to another set of signators

1 Like

Oh no, not rekeying!
I was referring to this:

const multiSigOptions = {
    version: 1,
    threshold: 2,
    addrs: [signer1.addr, signer2.addr],
  };

by changing one of the addrs’s there, the multisig address changes, likewise changing the threshold.
If I make it:

const multiSigOptions = {
    version: 1,
    threshold: 3,
    addrs: [signer1.addr, signer2.addr, signer3.addr],
  };

The multisig address will change because I added one more account, this will also change the multisig address.

sure… any change of the list of signators or trashold generates new multisig address… if you want to use old balance and old address (for example vanity address) with new configuration just rekey the old multisig address to new multisig address

or you may want to move all assets to the new address and tell all your clients not to use the old multisig but the new one

1 Like

This works! Thank you.