Problem on raspberrypi 3 b+

I’m using raspberrypi 3 b+ with ubuntu core.

When I put following command on terminal ‘./update.sh -i -c stable -p ~/node -d ~/node/data -n’

It showns

./update.sh: line 102: /home/pi/node/algod: No such file or directory
Current Version = 0
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2: No such file or directory
No remote updates found

The source has not been built for raspberrypi.

1 Like

It has now been built on a pi3. There are some issues with Go on 64-bit ARM that we have to fix before it’ll actually run. I don’t expect it to be practical, however. I’m anxious to see how it works, in any event. I’ll let you know when there’s a package available; I’ll add it to the go-algorand-doc installers. It will be wholeheartedly unsupported :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is now being provided but not supported. There is a linux_arm installer available on go-algorand-docs and that should allow you to download and run the latest TestNet update.

2 Likes

Very Cool! I am going to have to power up a couple of my Pi’s and give this a try.

1 Like

Great - let us know how it goes. I don’t think there are any dependencies / packages you need to install. libsodium is not required anymore as we’re using our custom build.

Similar problem with the ARM installer (https://github.com/algorand/go-algorand-doc/blob/master/downloads/installers/linux_arm/install_master_linux-arm.tar.gz) on a Raspi 3 with Ubuntu 18.04 (Linux ubuntu 4.15.0-1036-raspi2 #38-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Wed May 8 09:46:19 UTC 2019 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux):

$ ./update.sh -i -c stable -p ~/node -d ~/node/data -n
./update.sh: line 108: /home/ubuntu/node/algod: No such file or directory
Current Version = 0
./update.sh: line 114: /home/ubuntu/inst/install_master_linux-arm_0.1.27011/updater: No such file or directory
No remote updates found

‘updater’ exists and is marked as executable, but can’t be executed:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 ubuntu ubuntu 21099884 Feb 19 11:59 updater*

Can you run ./updater -h?

The ARM binaries are compiled for 32-bit; I assume they don’t work on 64-bit Ubuntu. I’ll see if I can build a 64-bit version.

No, ./updater -h doesn’t work either.
>I’ll see if I can build a 64-bit version.
Thanks, that would be great.

Hi Help,

Any follow-up on this ticket? I have arm64/armv8 device running the issue below pasted. (no issue on AMD64 installation package)

cc@cc_0394:~$ echo $HOME
/home/cc
cc@cc_0394:~$ uname -m
aarch64
cc@cc_0394:~/algorand$ ./update.sh -i -c stable -p ~/node -d ~/node/data -n
./update.sh: line 135: /home/cc/node/algod: No such file or directory
Current Version = 0
./update.sh: line 141: /home/cc/algorand/updater: No such file or directory
No remote updates found

Sorry, no progress on it. The source is open now so you should be able to build it yourself - but it will require a few tweaks. If you can point me at guidance for setting up a Pi3 with 64-bit OS, I can make the necessary changes once I have that running.

Well, my colleague did it on arm64/armv8 build with some tweaks, and now algod is running on a home NAS device.

2 Likes

I have a PR submitted to add arm64 build support. Working on a rel/stable installer now.

Ideally, docker pull for arm64 will be much appreciated and deployment friendly.

Feel free to open a github issue with this request. If you’re able to do so, prepare a PR with the process encapsulated as much as possible to make it more likely to be addressed.