Re-allocate USDT TDR for GP12

Gauging community thoughts on removing all or a large portion of USDT TDR for GP12.

With USDT no longer supported and redeem open for next 12 months you want to incentivize pools that will continue to be utilized long term.

Projects this affects:
Folks
Pact-fi
Tinyman

6 Likes

I’m in favor of removing all allocations to USDt-related pools and reallocating to USDC-paired pools. With the announcement of Coinbase support for USDCa transfers, I think it’d be great to further incentivize and an opportunity to advertise to the larger crypto community opportunities to invest their stablecoins on Algorand.

6 Likes

Agreed, will bring it to the DeFi committee this Monday, my proposed best solution is to either cycle to USDC or other stables. My only real fear of going to decentralised stables (xUSD, for example) is that for some users they carry more risk than centralised stables, so there might be some hesitancy.

4 Likes

I think moving a proportion of USDT allocation to USDC does make sense however I think this is a perfect time to support xUSD. The native decentralised stablecoin of Algorand.

I vote a relocation of 50/50

5 Likes