Task: Send Some Algos!

This task has expired.

Task: Send Some Algos!

Let’s spend some money! In this task, use goal (the command line tool) to send money to one of our accounts.

*Updated on 2019-04-22: To avoid confusion, removed language about rewarding genesis wallets which has now expired.

Task instructions

1. Send 100 algos to the following account: NJY27OQ2ZXK6OWBN44LE4K43TA2AV3DPILPYTHAJAMKIVZDWTEJKZJKO4A
  2. Submit the transaction ID, your public key sending address, and your email via this form (so we can confirm completion and give you a badge) !

Prerequisites

1. Make sure you have completed all the steps here to get your node up and running.
  2. Check that you are running the latest version (run ./update.sh -d <data-dir> from within your node directory).
  3. Make sure you have some money to spend! Use the dispenser, to send yourself algos. Directions located here.
  4. Reference the goal documentation to help you complete this task.

Hint

Sending money requires you to have an account with sufficient funds. This can all be done with goal account and the dispenser. Use goal clerk to send algos.

Why This Task Matters

A simple transaction is core functionality underlying many applications on the blockchain, so it is worth understanding how to do this! This will also get you familiar with goal and its various functions. Separately, this will give us insight into transactions across our network generated from independent nodes around the world.

Have Questions?

Post them here!

You will earn the 100 Algo Spender badge for completing this task:

4 Likes

How do I login to the dispenser and when I follow the link to send myself algos it just goes to the github instructions for using goal.

Thanks for your question!

To dispense to your account:

1. Click the Google “sign in” link at the top of the Dispenser page and sign in with your Google account. It does not need to be associated with your Discourse email.
  2. Complete the “I’m not a robot” reCAPTCHA.
  3. Copy and paste the public key of the target address you would like to send money to into the empty text box.
  4. Click “Dispense”.

A 200 status code and a transaction id means success. You can run goal account balance -a <pubkey> -d <data-dir> to view the new balance.

Update:
So far 7 participants have completed this task! Thank you and well done! We will reach out to you in the next few days to distribute your genesis wallet.

For others who would like to still participate, there are still wallets available. Complete this task by end of week or before wallets run out (whichever comes first). Thank you again for your participation and stay tuned for more tasks in the very near future!

Hello,

got some issue with the task:

I made the TX:

TX id: tx-O75OBVPKNY7NSESXZ76W5LXHBMKQDUNTHRGVRAKFGZIF7RCG7RVA
From: VGIFQKFBDR2SDSNJC7CIBONE53F2WOLWBQVOC3HKDZ6UYTY4CXOHNFW62Q
To: CU5QSBNCJDPHXTOLBFCEQKKXSM65PJQXTYTAIFEBOQZF62Q4HJ43AFG3BM

Command used:
./goal clerk send -d data -a 100 -t CU5QSBNCJDPHXTOLBFCEQKKXSM65PJQXTYTAIFEBOQZF62Q4HJ43AFG3BM -f VGIFQKFBDR2SDSNJC7CIBONE53F2WOLWBQVOC3HKDZ6UYTY4CXOHNFW62Q

But the form on the website did not work,
the page: https://www.algorand.com/task-spend-some-money/
return a 404 error with message: “The requested page could not be found.”

How I can send the result of my task?
Thank you

Thanks for letting us know about link! We will get that fixed ASAP.

In the meantime, you can email testnet-team@algorand.com. You are all set though as I have grabbed the info from your post. Thanks!

Thank you Liz, email already sent!

1 Like

Wonderful, thanks. Links should be fixed now too.

1 Like

Thank you to all who completed this task!

By now, you should have received your Genesis Wallet.

Also check out your new badge!

spender

If you weren't able to complete the task this week, you can still earn this badge at anytime. Just follow the instructions in the task above.

2 Likes

i join in late :slight_smile: , hope you dont mind

./goal clerk send -a 100 -f CAGXX556ISDMV4EN6FG322V7KMK6NO2WWQKYVISUUCZWV3XFTQVPXVFBFA -t CU5QSBNCJDPHXTOLBFCEQKKXSM65PJQXTYTAIFEBOQZF62Q4HJ43AFG3BM`

Sent 100 algos from account CAGXX556ISDMV4EN6FG322V7KMK6NO2WWQKYVISUUCZWV3XFTQVPXVFBFA
to address CU5QSBNCJDPHXTOLBFCEQKKXSM65PJQXTYTAIFEBOQZF62Q4HJ43AFG3BM, transaction ID: tx-7AOQLIHMMIP5LCIYQGFGEKX4OCMXFENJLWYGPFH67W42TSQX2FSA.
Fee set to 1

edited:

Sent 100 algos from account CAGXX556ISDMV4EN6FG322V7KMK6NO2WWQKYVISUUCZWV3XFTQVPXVFBFA
to address CU5QSBNCJDPHXTOLBFCEQKKXSM65PJQXTYTAIFEBOQZF62Q4HJ43AFG3BM, transaction ID: tx-MHV2UP5P4YB5YWUYU7WXZDJ7YVKQZJZ2YWP23VCSYW456BH7CKTA.

Question: Can you teach me how to check my trx id if success or not?

Hi~! I think I manage to complete the task (with a little doubt though).
Request :
goal clerk send -a 100 -f AEKXKRDEWZMS7V6DHED33YOAE63PFYANKDRGNTU2QOIBWRPB6TROD77XTY -t CU5QSBNCJDPHXTOLBFCEQKKXSM65PJQXTYTAIFEBOQZF62Q4HJ43AFG3BM -d data

Response :
Sent 100 algos from account AEKXKRDEWZMS7V6DHED33YOAE63PFYANKDRGNTU2QOIBWRPB6TROD77XTY to address CU5QSBNCJDPHXTOLBFCEQKKXSM65PJQXTYTAIFEBOQZF62Q4HJ43AFG3BM, transaction ID: tx-GWXG7AHUPSFHTFYPOT76GCM6V4G7KCPN6GSGXSZEFRXGQKYPZ2LQ. Fee set to 1

Hope this is a success!

Now I has the latest version. But send 100 algos will fail because it reports error ‘balance 100 below min 1000’.

So I have to send 1000 algos first, then send 100 algos to it. Is this OK?

[root@block-chain-09 node]# ./update.sh -d ./data
Current Version = 131080
Latest Version = 131080
No new version found

[root@block-chain-09 node]# ./goal clerk send -a 100 -f HJCRROHJ6D4PQPYEZFFWNXWJOPWUXDATS7TCR5U2H7ROAA4HNESRYPN7SU -t CU5QSBNCJDPHXTOLBFCEQKKXSM65PJQXTYTAIFEBOQZF62Q4HJ43AFG3BM -d ./data
Automatically set fee to 102 Algos
Please enter the password for wallet 'firstWallet':
Sent 100 algos from account HJCRROHJ6D4PQPYEZFFWNXWJOPWUXDATS7TCR5U2H7ROAA4HNESRYPN7SU to address CU5QSBNCJDPHXTOLBFCEQKKXSM65PJQXTYTAIFEBOQZF62Q4HJ43AFG3BM, transaction ID: tx-OTZGQZZPLUTZ7P5LY6BAB4243Z47KIBRTSRW4RGKZI5ICQADE5UA. Fee set to 102
Transaction tx-OTZGQZZPLUTZ7P5LY6BAB4243Z47KIBRTSRW4RGKZI5ICQADE5UA still pending as of round 167541
Transaction tx-OTZGQZZPLUTZ7P5LY6BAB4243Z47KIBRTSRW4RGKZI5ICQADE5UA kicked out of local node pool: transaction tx-OTZGQZZPLUTZ7P5LY6BAB4243Z47KIBRTSRW4RGKZI5ICQADE5UA: account addr-CU5QSBNCJDPHXTOLBFCEQKKXSM65PJQXTYTAIFEBOQZF62Q4HJ4Q balance 100 below min 1000

Yes that is fine! Send away.

1 Like

I completed this today - is it still possible to get a genesis wallet? Today was the first day I could access the testnet

Genesis accounts are no longer available for this specific task, but stay tuned as we plan to offer this again in future tasks!

Aah, right when i got my node up. Bad timing i guess. Well hope i get another chance.

1 Like

Sent anyway just for fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

right. done. “i was here”, so to speak. :smiley:

1 Like

I have just sent it.

Sorry to late to earn the badge. :rofl: