Task: Send Some Algos!
Let’s spend some money! In this task, use goal (the command line tool) to send money to one of our accounts.
*Updated on 2019-04-22: To avoid confusion, removed language about rewarding genesis wallets which has now expired.
- Send 100 algos to the following account: NJY27OQ2ZXK6OWBN44LE4K43TA2AV3DPILPYTHAJAMKIVZDWTEJKZJKO4A
- Submit the transaction ID, your public key sending address, and your email via this form (so we can confirm completion and give you a badge) !
- Make sure you have completed all the steps here to get your node up and running.
- Check that you are running the latest version (run
./update.sh -d <data-dir>from within your node directory).
- Make sure you have some money to spend! Use the dispenser, to send yourself algos. Directions located here.
- Reference the goal documentation to help you complete this task.
Why This Task Matters
A simple transaction is core functionality underlying many applications on the blockchain, so it is worth understanding how to do this! This will also get you familiar with goal and its various functions. Separately, this will give us insight into transactions across our network generated from independent nodes around the world.
Post them here!