Apologies if this is basic - paranoia is real here! I am wondering how to have my Algorand wallet appear on my Ledger Nano X. The story:
- I have an official Algorand wallet with a balance (“Wallet 1”), backed up by a passphrase, obviously.
- Then, I purchased a Ledger Nano X and added an Algorand account (“Wallet 2”) after downloading the app on Ledger Live.
- Then, I rekeyed Wallet 1 by pairing my Ledger Nano X. Now, I no longer have a passphrase, but I expected my Ledger Live to display Wallet 1. Instead, Wallet 2 on Ledger Live displays 0 Algo and Wallet 1 remains functional on the Algorand mobile app, but every withdrawal now requires approval with my Nano (no problem there).
- Why does Wallet 1 balance not appear on Ledger Live?
- How is Wallet 1 actually backed up now that I have no passphrase, nor do I see it anywhere on Ledger Live?
- Wallet 1 in the mobile app, when clicking on the “…” no longer has “View Passphrase” obviously, but now has “Auth Account Address”. This looks like a new address (perhaps the Ledger Live address?) - what is it and why is it different than Wallet 1’s address in the mobile app? Is this the fundamental reason Wallet 1 does not appear on Wallet 2 and do I have to now send everything from Wallet 1 to Wallet 2, to see the balance in Ledger Live?
Thank you for your help!