Arc34 - form, git pull request or decentralized db onchain?

Hi @Adri, I do not understand latest development on arc34 field…

the submission of grant requests will not be done using algorand blockchain? Is there some reason for it?

I have coded it so that you can see it is possible to do: GitHub - scholtz/beaker-arc34-boxes

2 Likes

I know there’s been an emphasis on getting a working model out, and there’s been quite a bit of discussion about changes that could be made in the near future once we have a baseline in place. I’m hoping this is the case as I would also like to see the proposal process onchain, or at the very least, be using 3rd parties as little as possible.

1 Like

We’re hosting a Twitter space this week to discuss the latest updates.

My understanding is that writing all proposals to the chain before they are vetted is not the best use of resources. Why would those proposals need on-chain verification?

Proposals that are approved should be stored on-chain in order to have the record of the approval and whatever is that we need to track after that.

1 Like

Because we want to have maximum transparency…

As a requester I want to know if my proposal is considered for voting, and not rejected by some administration guy who just did not read it properly.

Also as a requester i want to see my competitors after all envelopes are opened as in any standard government contract.

2 Likes

I was thinking the upvoting/down voting of proposals and the generation of them before they get to xGov vote -----> Gen Vote for full transparency and so people can see if similar proposals are on the “docket” and view up/down voting on them in real time much like Gen Gov Measures. This also would serve as historical record! I’m sure there are other reasons that might be better, and if these aren’t good ones I’ll concede the point I suppose.

Those are valid points. Let’s discuss them tonight.

hi @Adri … i have not seen any information regarding placing requests for grants which will be voted on by the xGovs …

do you accept only closed group of people to request these money, or is it open for my projects as well?

or perhaps i am not following proper news channels … where are such informations published?

Thanks for reply

1 Like

Hey Ludo, of course, all community members can submit grant proposals. There’s a link on the xGov page to this How to submit proposals guide. We will open the proposal repo at the start of May (day TBC).

1 Like

Also, if you look at the Life of a proposal section on the ARC, it clearly states that anyone can submit a proposal.

1 Like

thanks… i did not know it was not possible yet.

last information i had was that the deadline will be the start of xgov period

1 Like

The xGov Term Pool 1 will start in July, once rewards from GP7 are released, that’s when we will be able to hold the first xGov voting session.

We’ll open the xGov proposals in early May, to give us time to review and discuss them, getting a first proposal stack ready for the first voting session to be set up in July.

The pieces are slowly coming together :slight_smile:

2 Likes