Can't access my account on MyAlgo Wallet

Hello, I just logged into MyAlgo Wallet and was forced to change my password. I changed my password and was immediately logged out. I tried to log in, I entered the new password, but I got a message that the password is incorrect. I cleared Firefox cookies etc and tried again. I logged in with a new password and tried to recover my account using the seed phrase. But the option is greyed out and unavailable. What should I do?

Can I recover my account on a different wallet using my old seed phrase?

Of course.

If you have your mnemonic, use PeraWeb/PeraMobile for recovery your account and re-keying ASAP.

M.

1 Like

I am not aware that MyAlgoWallet ever asked you to change passwords. It looks like a phishing attack to me. Are you sure you were visiting https://wallet.myalgo.com/ ?
(with the https, and exactly that domain name?)

EDIT 2023-04-02: It looks like indeed now MyAlgo is asking to change the password.

In any case (whether or not you were on the right website), I would recommend to follow @beaconet’s advice to immediately import your mnemonic in a wallet you trust and rekey the account.

See more in the FAQ “Has MyAlgo been hacked”: Algorand Wallet

Disclaimer: This post is purely for educational purpose. In no event will I nor any other person associated with this post be liable to you for any damages of any kind (including, loss of revenue, income or profits, loss of use or data, or damages of any sort) arising out of or in any way connected to this post. You understand that you are fully responsible for the security and the availability of your keys.

1 Like

Yes I was visiting https://wallet.myalgo.com like always, from my bookmarks. I was going to send my algos to my ledger but this appeared:

And I changed my password. Now I don’t see my account and the option to “Import Phrase” is blocked.

I’m going to try to import to a different algorand wallet. Thank you.

I was able to import my account into another Algorand wallet. My coins are safe.

I have a question. Can I protect my new Algorand wallet with my Ledger that already has various coins on it like Bitcoin etc? Or do I need a new clean Ledger?

No new Ledger wallet is needed. You can install the Algorand app on Ledger Nano, using Ledger PC or Ledger mobile. Then you can add a new Algorand account on Ledger PC or Ledger mobile. You can transfer your Algos to this address, or use the Ledger wallet account to rekey your other Algorand address(es).

2 Likes

As @Maugli said, there is no evidence at this point there is a need to change the Ledger hardware. Unless you entered the 24-word backup mnemonic of the Ledger anywhere and unless there is an yet-unknown bug on the Ledger, the secret key of the Ledger should still be securely held in your Ledger.

Importantly though, if you were tricked to enter you 24-word backup mnemonic anywhere, then your Ledger keys are no more secure. See https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/7624842382621-Loss-of-funds?support=true for more details.

Assuming your Ledger is secure, as @Maugli, you can use your Ledger with any Algorand wallet that supports it and that you trust. You will automatically get access to the same accounts as those you had access using MyAlgo.

Note that the above is assuming that there is no bug in Ledger, that you handled the Ledger backup mnemonic appropriately, and that you did not do anything that may have compromised security of accounts in any other way (e.g., you did not sign a rekey transaction for one of your Ledger accounts).

Disclaimer : This post is purely for educational purpose. In no event will I nor any other person associated with this post be liable to you for any damages of any kind (including, loss of revenue, income or profits, loss of use or data, or damages of any sort) arising out of or in any way connected to this post. You understand that you are fully responsible for the security and the availability of your keys.

1 Like

My wallet doesn’t come up, he wrote after more than four years
myalgo has shut down