I am a little confused on the use case of a private network.
So currently I wish to create a network of nodes which are all Rpi. As per the documentation I managed to make a private network just as in the sample template.json having 2 nodes ~/net1/Node and ~/net1/Primary on a single Rpi(lets call it Rpi1). I could start the node and the network . Now my question is how do we connect new Rpi(lets call it Rpi2) devices as nodes on this private network running on Rpi1.
- I copied the genesis.json of the private network to the new Rpi2 and started the node using the command
./goal start node -d ~/node/data
- One suggestion which I read was using the option -p “Rpi1_ip:algod-listen.net port of Rpi1”. But not sure if it is required as it starts without the -p options also.
- One suggestion was using the testnet but I want to run a closed network with only the Rpi nodes for a benchmark application so why the testnet in that case. Is a private network only for running multiple nodes on a single standalone system?
- Any changes to the config.json are required or does it also have to be copied along with the genesis.json?
- How do we know if Rpi2 is connected to the private network hosted by Rpi1?
- Documentation on switching networks to a private network and then connecting nodes to the same private network would be useful.
Thank you All.