I’m just starting setting up my dev environment for algorand.
My goto way of installing new services is usually via docker.
The docker “install” of the docs seems to be a bit odd compare to the usual ways of spinning up containerized services.
Has it been used often?
Is there an issue tracker or anyway to give some feedback on this?
On top of my mind, some feedback:
- A container is usually used to run a service, not to “install” it.
- The configuration should be done via env vars.
- The network setup should be done automatically so that the container is accessible from the host.
- The goal cli should be available outside of the container, to access the node.
- The default install should give default working params.
- There should be a shared volume that saves the state of the service