I can receive Algo from coinbase, but when I try to send Algo back, the "send" function on the Algorand app says" no asset found" please help

I can receive Algo from coinbase, but when I try to send Algo back, the “send” function on the Algorand app says" no asset found" please help. Sorry im a noob to this… also note I have learned about the “watch only” accounts that limit me from sending algo out of the wallet. Yet I do not have any other algo account sitting in storage. This is my only Algorand wallet account besides the basic Algorand wallet set up in coinbase. I tried the 25 word recovery and it says " account already exists "

Welcome to Algorand!

Do you see the Algos you received on the wallet?
Can you post a screenshot of the error (where you blackout your address, the exact amounts, and any other private information - if you are not comfortable doing so, you can contact via https://algorandwallet.com/contact-us and link the screenshot using a Google Drive link for example)?

I figure it out! I indeed had a watch only account . So what I did is I used another device to recover my account on that device, and it recovered it as a normal account and not a watch account. So I will delete my watch account on my phone, and recover it again on my phone and it should turn into an original account again if that makes sense.

Hey @Brycemasters, you’re exactly right. When you have a Watch account on your phone for address ABC…, you have to delete that account before you can recover the account for real (using your 25-word recovery passphrase).

We agree that this flow isn’t ideal. In the upcoming release, we’re making it so that if you have a Watch account on your phone, and you recover the same account (using the passphrase) it automatically removes the watch account and replaces it with the fully operational account. It sort of upgrades it per se.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your patience on this sub-optimal flow!

1 Like