Newb Here: How to Stake & Validate once Node is Installed

OK so I am a newb here. I just installed the Algo node onto my Raspian 4 8GB and now I don’t know what to do from here. I created a wallet on the Mobile App and I’d like to add money to it and then use the node in order to validate and propose blocks. How do I get from where I am now to where I want to be with the staking and validating features fully setup? Please let me know, thanks!

Welcome to Algorand!

To participate, you can follow the instructions in the docs: Algorand Developer Docs

The second step is to sign and send a key registration transaction:

• If you are using a Ledger Nano, you can follow this tutorial: Algorand Developer Portal
  • If you are not, you will need to type the 24-word mnemonic (of your Algorand wallet) on a computer with goal or algokey to sign the key registration transaction. Disclaimer : Typing passphrases and private keys on a computer may open you to attacks that are not possible on the Algorand wallet. Algorand makes no representations regarding the functioning or security of third party wallets, exchanges, or tools mentioned in the answer above, and disclaims any liability therefor. You are fully responsible for the security and the availability of your keys.

Once your sent the key registration transaction, you can check that you participate correctly using AlertHub.