hi, I find algorand very intriguing.
background, come from a mostly Corda , some Fabric background. We develop a Fixed Instrument trading platform for over 20 years now, do everything but a lot of repos, mortgage backed securities, big banks, broker/dealers, REITs etc
I will be exploring all the docs and tutorials available. However, I thought I would first ask some questions to guide us:
- Can one create private chains with Algorand ?
- I understand that one can code with Java but is it possible to code with JVM languages such as Groovy.
- Related question , can Smart contracts be coded in Java, JVM languages, Python ?
- Can one interface with Algorand via an rpc mechanism ? Rest-ish api ?
- How easy would it be to setup a total , quickly reproducible test environment e.g. within Ubuntu ? i.e. including a test network which would obviously not incur transaction costs.
- does the testnet incur transaction costs
- how can one estimate deployment costs ?
Finally given what we specialize in , is there anything i.e. docs, tutorials , resources, blog posts that would be of interest.
I truly appreciate the feedback.