Problem installing a node + question about indexer

I’m running Ubuntu 21.10 and I can’t manage to install the node both via package manager.
I’m encountering this error at sudo apt-get install -y algorand-devtools

Preparing to unpack .../algorand_3.2.3_amd64.deb ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/algorand_3.2.3_amd64.deb (--unpack):
 new algorand package pre-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/algorand_3.2.3_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I have also another question. If I want to run the indexer to search for transactions/assets I need to download all the blockchain?

Welcome to Algorand!

I’ve tested on a fresh Ubuntu 21.04 installation in Docker (docker run -it ubuntu:21.04 bash) and it worked following the steps in Install a node - Algorand Developer Portal (removing sudo because the Docker distribution runs in root).

Have you followed strictly the steps in Install a node - Algorand Developer Portal without encountering errors?

I see two potential explanations if the above is true:

1. The package got corrupted (this may also happen if you don’t have enough space on your disk (df -h shows the space left - you must always have a few GB left otherwise weird things can happen).
  2. Something in your configuration is causing an issue. Are you using an unusual shell? Can you try to debug following ubuntu - dpkg: new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1 - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange ?