Who are the well-known Algorand Governors?

Hello,

Just curious if Algorand is planning on offering a list of governors who are well-known/contributed to the network or in finance in general? Who are the well-known Algorand Governors? Most favorite community & VCs/institutions known to be supporting the network with specific task(s)?

Below is an example of the Hedera’s (HBAR) Global Governing Council found in Reddit. The structure of Algorand council or list of groups definitely don’t have to be same as Hedera’s ofc, but I thought this is a great way to let existing as well as outside investors visualize the big players and see how supportive the network is in terms of reputation and strong dev. teams but also sign of sustainable liquidity for funding, etc. If desired, we can potentially categorize into retail/community and institution-oriented governor lists depending on assigned duties; even “collaborate” voting powers for a same cause similar to how other PoS networks sustain themselves.

Maybe the upcoming xGovernor system will have any insight on this?

1 Like

Why is Boeing listed as being located in Canada, and Google is shown as being in Finland? Both are multinational, but they’re also both headquartered in the United States.

1 Like

I think this is a really good idea. It would definitely be helpful if a list of large and institutional Governors were made public. A couple reasons this would be helpful are that it would build trust in the network and create a more clear path for forming partnerships within the ecosystem. It would probably be fine if the Governors approved of their own inclusion in the list. I imagine some of the larger Governors would include SkyBridge Capital and Borderless Capital. I notice DLA Piper on the HBAR list and I wonder if they would be on the Algorand Governor list as well because I believe they have a deal with the Algorand Foundation (Source).

2 Likes

I believe that’s where their node is being ran for HBAR.

1 Like

Thanks! Looking more carefully at the image, I now also see that information is stated at the top. I wonder why the companies chose those locations to run their nodes though.

1 Like

I doubt technical, but more so jurisdictional or just operational-wise cheaper. I feel like this is a better progression of our vague governance than via arbitrarily encouraging DeFi with “doubling” of its voting power. I really am confused how they came up with such generic, non-mathematical model as an optional measure that we’ll discuss for 3 months.

1 Like