Xgov-114 - Thurstober Claims - Easily Create and Claim Atomic Swaps

Yup!

Main goal here is to create an easy landing platform so that way people making automated claims through apps don’t need to have their own web landing page.

Between our 3 proposals, our main goal is to reduce onboarding friction that comes with the opt in. This is through utilizing NFD Vaults, Atomic Swaps, and creating swap platforms.

1 Like

Still no breakdown of the 20,000 ALGO this proposal is asking for!

You are asking for a lot to build something that already exists in many other forms. XGov should fund new things, this is not new or novel. The program should be used to actually further the ecosystem. This is wasteful, and not worth funding.

This is 100% new and novel.

10,000 for the page. 5,000 for the example discord bot. 5,000 for the manual tx creation.

1 Like

I added a summary of our mission for all 3 proposals here: The Laboratory — xGov 3. An overview of xGov 3 Proposals by… | by LoafPickle | Feb, 2024 | Medium

1 Like

10,000 for a page? 5,000 for manual tx creation?

These prices are extremely high… if it’s so useful, why not build it and make a business out of it?

How many hours will it take ByKewel to build each part?

Finally, can you provide the total amount of XGov you’ve already received, and the exact outcomes in terms of usage, users, that all the money you got produced?

This is the best feature. I hope this passes and makes the NFT community stronger and more efficient.

1 Like

Giving handouts to existing businesses that are already making revenue, like this one, is the exact opposite of being efficient. Look at the other proposals, they are better uses of funds than LoafPicles proposals. Many of them are building new things, and the teams are new to Algorand or doing Algorand projects, we should be funding Cosmic Champs and PixelNode, not repeatedly giving money here to a group that sees XGov as free cash.

All his proposals have the same amount requested, that’s wierd. Another sign this is just a way to get free $$ v.s. actually build something that’s valuable. If these were actual proposals of worth, then each one would cost a different amount, but for this group, its just free money, so why not ask for 20k for each one :joy:

We had been approved in the first and second xGov Round to build more tools. The tools have since been completed and made open source.

Questions

• On discord you mentioned that this feature (xgov-114) was complete but you will apply to get funds retroactively. Why not just release the feature so the community can start using it?
  • Do you have any metrics to back up any claims as to the benefits of your work?
  • How many grants will you apply for in the future?
  • Do you think one-off projects are really going to move the needle forward?
  • The Thurstober brand seems to be chasing grant funding heavily. Why not become profitable as a business instead of building features that don’t have any cohesive vision?

I really don’t think there is a market for this. I’d love to be proven wrong with verifiable numbers that show that this grant will be effective at moving the needle for our bags.

99% of people hardly do 1 to 1 swaps. This seems like a very niche tool.

A new claims landing page where URL Parameters can be created so people can claim atomic swaps. This was something that was previously in the ecosystem and helped reduce the opt in friction.

I see the value in such tool, although i don’t think its a widely requested feature.

I would probably use it once or twice a year to exchange nfts with people i know but don’t trust 100%. You still need to communicate with the other person to get the exchange working, so the utility is not really replacing marketplace swappers.

The three proposals are giving farming the grant vibes and should probably be combined in single or max two proposals for the sake of thrustober brand reputation.

This one is more requested for the automated side of it.

They’re also three different open source repos and I don’t want to make them all live or die together, hence the three requests. We’ve already have a good reputation on delivering as our xGov 1 and 2 proposals are already in production. I also want to get these proposals passed and pushed to production for the people who’ve requested them over the months. xGov is too slow and a failed larger proposal is an additional 5-6 month wait.