Help with running indexer

I was able to start and sync my node. Now i am stuck i have read the readme files I extracted the the source files v2.3.2 into my indexer file on my Raspberry pi. which of the indexer binaries do I download for use on my Pi?

update I got the bianaries downloaded but the node is running on my local machine what port should I use?

Default port is 8980.
See Algorand Developer Docs

what host name should I be using?

Default --server :8980, listen to all IPs.

--server localhost:8980 restricts to localhost, which is more secure

{“level”:“error”,“msg”:“could not init db, dial tcp [::1]:8980: connect: connection refused”,“time”:“2021-04-12T22:30:49-04:00”}

./algorand-indexer daemon -P “host=localhost port=8980 user=******* password=********* dbname=[ledgerdb] sslmode=disable” --algod=~home/pi/node

is the user name and pass word for my local machine?

There are multiple host and ports:

• the host/port for algod --algod-net="http://[your-host]:[your-port]" ---algod-token="[your-api-token]" - you must have an algod server already running and specify the corresponding host/port
  • the host/port for the PostgreSQL db -P "host=[your-host] port=[your-port] user=[uname] password=[password] dbname=[ledgerdb] sslmode=disable" - you must have a PostgreSQL db running and specify the corresponding host/port
  • the host/port on which indexer listen to queries, that’s what I answered to you above --server

See Algorand Developer Docs

Your PostgreSQL db is not working properly (either not installed, not running or not using the correct port - 8980 is very unlikely for PostegreSQL and will conflict with algorand-indexer.

Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:8080 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:631 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:5432 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 ::1:631 :::* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 ::1:5432 :::* LISTEN
pi@raspberrypi:/ $
these are all my open ports

try -P “host=localhost port=5432 user=******* password=********* dbname=ledgerdb sslmode=disable”

If it does not work, please read the documentation of your postgresql install to get the correct connection string.

my issue my be postgresql isn’t started

I have my postgresql installed and fully set up.

I think you are correct, I will try this tonight its pointing at PostgreSQL.

i found my issue was my password had wildcards i removed them and the stated strings worked.

Hi Fabrice,

The data load for the mainnet-v1.0 is finished in archival mode and now is in parallel with the last block stated in https://algoexplorer.io/.
Now I want to start the indexer. But, currently the config.json file includes this information only:
{
“Archival”: true
}

Which parameters and values should be in config.json file, so that
-Archival mode can stop
-The mainnet data can continue to sync from the last block that has been retrieved
-Also the indexer can be started

Is the version of the indexer important to define the parameters and values in config.json file?
My indexer version is 2.10.

In this regard, is it possible that you can share here the correct config.json file here to serve for this purpose?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks!

The only official way of using indexer with a node is to always keep the node archival.
In the past, some upgrades of the indexer required re-indexing all the blocks.