Task: Wallet Recovery
In this task, you will recover a wallet using a backup mnemonic that will be sent to you by email within the next hour. The wallet will contain a single account with a particular sum of tokens. To successfully complete the task, you must send us back the total amount from that account (minus the fee used to submit that transaction).
NOTE: This task will expire after one week (end of day on March 8, 2019 UTC)! Last chance to request to participate is end of day March 6, 2019 UTC.
- Check your inbox for an email with subject line "Task: Wallet Recovery". This email will have your unique mnemonic to use to recover your wallet. (If you did not receive an email and would like to participate, please message me before March 6th.)
- Use goal or the new Go SDK to recover this wallet and the account in it.
- Send all of the algos from that account to ours: NJY27OQ2ZXK6OWBN44LE4K43TA2AV3DPILPYTHAJAMKIVZDWTEJKZJKO4A
- We will validate by checking that the total amount + fee equals the original amount. Validation will occur periodically, so please be patient as we award badges. If you do not receive your badge within 48 hours of submission, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- As always, send us feedback! We would love to hear what you liked about this feature and/or what could be improved. Reply to this thread on Community or email us at email@example.com.
- Make sure you have completed all the steps here to get your node up and running.
- Check that you are running the latest version.
If using goal, recovering a wallet is very similar to creating a new wallet with an extra flag. Once you have successfully recovered the wallet, you will need to follow steps to create a "new" account to reveal the account with algos.
Why This Task Matters
The mnemonic is used as a backup to recover your wallet and funds, in the case where you lose access to your wallet (e.g. you forget your password, your hardware where it lives is destroyed). In practice, you should store it in a safe place, ideally offline, and never share or send by email.
Post them here!