Update from old Algorand wallet to new Pera Wallet on iPhone

My old iPhone Algorand wallet now just says “cannot connect to internet”
Cannot access my passphrases - written somewhere but cant find at the moment.

If I update the app to the new Pera Wallet, will this require my passphrase words? Or not?

Will there be a complete reset of the wallet or will it just update?

Thanks!

If you just cannot transact but you can still see your accounts on your old iPhone, you can view your passphrase following: Backing up your Recovery Passphrase | Pera Wallet - Knowledgebase

As usual, be extremely careful when doing so.

If you cannot access at all Pera Wallet on your old iPhone, please contact the Pera Wallet team Pera Algo Wallet – Simply the best Algorand wallet.

Please be very careful of scammers that may send you DM with “live support” links.
Do not follow those links. Always verify the links point to the official websites, and ideally directly go to the official website instead of clicking on any link.

Disclaimer: This post is purely for educational purpose. In no event will I nor any other person associated with this post be liable to you for any damages of any kind (including, loss of revenue, income or profits, loss of use or data, or damages of any sort) arising out of or in any way connected to this post. You understand that you are fully responsible for the security and the availability of your keys.

1 Like

Thank you so much for that feedback.

No, I cannot see my balances or the account.

There will be no problem at all if the update from the old Algorand wallet to the new Para wallet is automatic with the update.

Do you know if this is automatic or requires re-entering the passphrase?

If it requires the passphrase I will contact the team.

Already got an email from someone asking me to login to their website for live chat! Thanks for the warning.

Ed